SkyscraperCity banner

201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
The original plan can be found at: http://thepegasusgroup.com/projects/harrison-station-future-phases/
There was a lot of pushback on the colors so that has supposedly been changed.

I agree that not extending Dey is a huge mistake. Unfortunately, I think the town of Harrison has totally thrown the redevelopment plan out the window and is all about the 1970-80s superblock.
Hopefully the colors thing has changed. Though it might fit in with the neighborhood and One Harrison's orange :lol:

Has anyone heard anything about Harrison Yards? They've pushed the opening to Fall 2019 but I'm seriously doubting that now. I have seen zero progress over the past month, and there's not a single worker there in the mornings.

The site south of Water's Edge (previously quoted) and the new Vermella project next to Shoprite in Kearny continue to progress very quickly though!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hopefully the colors thing has changed. Though it might fit in with the neighborhood and One Harrison's orange :lol:

Has anyone heard anything about Harrison Yards? They've pushed the opening to Fall 2019 but I'm seriously doubting that now. I have seen zero progress over the past month, and there's not a single worker there in the mornings.

The site south of Water's Edge (previously quoted) and the new Vermella project next to Shoprite in Kearny continue to progress very quickly though!
It looks like they’re working on the interiors at Harrison Yards. At night, you can see that some units have lights on and at least drywall installed. It definitely doesn’t look ready for fall.

By the way, there has been no activity on the big empty lot next to Urby between S. 2nd and S. 3rd street for probably 2-3 months now. They did some test pilings and that was it.

Maybe these developers are taking their time because they are seeing that these buildings take a while to fill up. Urby is probably half empty and lots of other units have just come on the market in new buildings like Steelworks & One Harrison.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone have any information on new construction? Seems that things have slowed down. I'll share what I've noticed.

One Harrison has filled up quicker than expected, I'd say it's at least 75%+ leased.

The Harrison Yards contractor went bankrupt, but the owners are still committed to finishing the project. No activity at the site since July/August though.

The only active construction site seems to be on the one South of Water's Edge. They are moving fast.

It looked like something was going to begin on the lot North of Urby (between Railroad and Angelo Cifelli) but nothing since then.

No progress on the west side of the Harrison PATH station, they were planning to tear down that side in 2019 but not sure what's going on there now.

Also, something I found slightly humorous is that the crosswalk indicator at Frank E Rogers and Angelo Cifelli Dr (in front of Ah Pizz) has broken for what is probably the 5th time. Why does it just keep snapping off like that? It's probably not that humorous though, as that entire intersection is a nightmare for pedestrians with no rhyme or reason of when it's safe to cross.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does anyone have any information on new construction? Seems that things have slowed down. I'll share what I've noticed.

One Harrison has filled up quicker than expected, I'd say it's at least 75%+ leased.

The Harrison Yards contractor went bankrupt, but the owners are still committed to finishing the project. No activity at the site since July/August though.

The only active construction site seems to be on the one South of Water's Edge. They are moving fast.

It looked like something was going to begin on the lot North of Urby (between Railroad and Angelo Cifelli) but nothing since then.

No progress on the west side of the Harrison PATH station, they were planning to tear down that side in 2019 but not sure what's going on there now.

Also, something I found slightly humorous is that the crosswalk indicator at Frank E Rogers and Angelo Cifelli Dr (in front of Ah Pizz) has broken for what is probably the 5th time. Why does it just keep snapping off like that? It's probably not that humorous though, as that entire intersection is a nightmare for pedestrians with no rhyme or reason of when it's safe to cross.
Well that explains Harrison Yards. I wonder why it's taking so long for them to find a new contractor. It seems like they didn't even finish up with the facade. The retail spaces are still partly exposed to the elements.

They are still doing some type of prep work on the lot north of Urby. I can see the site from my apartment. The work is extremely slow and I never see more than a handful of workers there at a time. For the last couple weeks it seemed like they were doing nothing but moving a pile of rocks around and making a lot of noise in the process.

I was also surprised that One Harrison is leasing pretty quickly. I like their floor plans, but I think the rent is too high to be so far away from the PATH.

I thought that the WTC station closure on weekends would put a damper on leasing, since it now takes nearly 1 hour to get to/ from NYC on weekends. But I'm not seeing much of an effect on pricing.

I can't believe how horrible some of the pedestrians crossings still are in Harrison. The urban planning around here is pretty terrible.

Somerset St. is a mess, with cars constantly parked illegally near the Five Guys and drivers almost running over pedestrians in the crosswalk there on Frank E. Rodgers. It's also weird that so much money was spent on the PATH stations, but they couldn't build a proper uber/taxi pickup area.

·
Let's Revive our Cities
2,556 Posts

·
Let's Revive our Cities
2,556 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
There's a new building under construction west of 330 Harrison Station and north of Urby - not sure what its name is

Phase 1 of Harrison Yards - don't see any progress

Building under construction next to the south western entrance to the PATH - not sure what it is

·
Registered
16 Posts
So the new developer is Accordia Realty I gather. Crazy that there already planning phase 2 but havent even done anything for an almost finished phase 1.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Building under construction next to the south western entrance to the PATH - not sure what it is
It's a new substation for the PATH, the existing substation is going to be taken down and the land is supposed to be part of a plaza whenever they redo the stations on the west side of FER.

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
It's a new substation for the PATH, the existing substation is going to be taken down and the land is supposed to be part of a plaza whenever they redo the stations on the west side of FER.
One more glass bulb on the SW side, and then more substantial buildout of the staircase on the NW side was the original plan. Not sure what stage it's at. Anything with PATH seems to move at a glacial pace.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here are photos from 1 month ago of the project going up just to the north of the Urby building and west of 330 Harrison Station. The design seems to be very similar to the existing Urby buildings. Interestingly, some of the buildings are wood frame construction and others are steel construction. It appears there will be a large parking garage on the northwest corner of the property.

From Angelo Cifelli Dr

From S 2nd Street

From Railroad Ave

Looks like the parking garage will be here

201 - 220 of 222 Posts