SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Kayna bessah ya akhi.
well what can we do now, we can't submit to this reality, we have to keep moving even though our political scene is a mess due to the system not wanting to give up on the old measures and manners.
i said political because i have a big belief that politicians are the managers of the country development and its progress, and they are the chief of the show no matter what they say no matter who they blame, it all goes back to politics.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yes and no.

Politicians can't just make miracles happen. They can make the best of a situation or make it a lot worse. Our circumstances aren't exactly stellar and are not going to suddenly get better any time soon. So, let's just work with what we have.

I personally think that all those pessimistic voices we hear are misguided. In only a decade, a lot of important work has been done and is being done, and the difference between Morocco now and in 2006 is huge. There are naturally problems and deficiencies as well as missed opportunities, waste and lost time. But negating the progress is as wrong as the official l3am zine propaganda.

I am not overly optimistic for the future, but we have collectively a good chance of muddling through in a steady pace. Not enough to get over our handicaps and self injuries, but progress nonetheless.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Yes brother, but some countries has done so much in 10 years. And politicians are responsible for any situation because smart politicians crunch numbers, change games, and establish grounds...and then boom you get investment comjng from every where...while our politicians still trying to make a buck here, seek briberies there, or even look for a stake in their business, (some even complain of tricks that have magically swallowed all ov their investment money). Also politicians set visions and concrete goals, goals that will have an impact on the future => concrete results.
Some how i don't see so much impact of what's being done between 2006 and 2015, our Rates are almost the same, in fact some have even regressed. So if you say we have done a great deal of work but the impact on our economy and the population is not much of any greatness, then some thing is wrong.
Just compare morocco's Rates between 2006 and 2015 and you will see by yourself.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Perhaps you are right. I'm interested to know what are the countries you compare Morocco too.

But I disagree on many things. Again politicians are no magicians. Corruption and simple plain bad management are endemic, but my personal feel is that they are reduced on some fronts and still prevalent on others. And, please, just have in mind that the most basic infrastructure: access to clean water, electricity, and a cement box to call home, are things a huge segment of Moroccans just had access to.

I am guardedly hopeful.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
I'd use the word competitors, not opponents.

For one thing, other's problems are NOT our advantage. We are firmly and hopelessly assimilated into the middle east, nevermind how we are moored to western Europe and West Africa economically and with a rather peculiar political structure. When a tourist sees trouble in Tunisia and Egypt, when an investor sees trouble everywhere in MENA region, they turn and see risk in Morocco. Not a good position.

But more importantly, we don't have the resources ready to take advantage. The work that has been done in the first decade of this century on basic infrastructure should actually have been done a decade earlier, and the work on education and human development on the 80's.

In short, we are at least 10 to 15 years behind on every sector, and in a volatile regional situation. I'd be really happy for our neighbours to get over their problems and start rebuilding. Their losses are our losses too.
I fully agree.
Add to that the population factor.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Perhaps you are right. I'm interested to know what are the countries you compare Morocco too.

But I disagree on many things. Again politicians are no magicians. Corruption and simple plain bad management are endemic, but my personal feel is that they are reduced on some fronts and still prevalent on others. And, please, just have in mind that the most basic infrastructure: access to clean water, electricity, and a cement box to call home, are things a huge segment of Moroccans just had access to.

I am guardedly hopeful.
:) there are many examples google around and you will find out, because each case is a special case, any ways tunisia our next door neighbor had scored on morocco almost on any possible domain, what brought tjnisia down was only when they tried to change the situation dramatically into much better, syria was better than morocco, turkey has in 15 or 20 years changed the look dramatically, for god sake moroccan indexes and rates haven't really changed much in almost 10 years.
morocco doesn't luck any potentials...we have plenty too...but we have had many problems that trully never had solutions => and i personnaly blame every thing yes every thing to politicians yes moroccan politicians are the biggest corrupt and amateurs in the region .

·
Banned
5,829 Posts
The best thing of the results of the Moroccan vision is that after more than 15 years of continuous growth, there is a slowdown of the activities that are a danger for continuous sustainable growth which have been substituted by healthy long lasting activities. Morocco is one of the very rare countries in the world where any realistic forecast for the next 15 years predicts an amellioration of the external current account (much needed) and a fairly high growth, inclusive of most sectors of the population.

After some crazy years in the construction sector along with a increase in corruption, instead of a economic crash, what is what i would have predicted five years ago, there is a confortable "german path" in which industrial activities are taking increasingly more portions of the total production of the country. In this kind of model of growth there is no place for the crazy things that happen in other countries, with construction and financial bubbles exploding here and there. Morocco is very, very lucky that a very wise politic of industrialization and investment in agriculture was in place a long time before the construction sector slowed down and was there to sustain growth at the right time.

The people that think that economic growth is about people getting rich in one day, that the price of houses, land and shares should double every six months will be very disappointed, that is not the way that morocco has taken.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Je pense que la vision économique du Maroc est la bonne, le Maroc est pays à économie de marché, intégré à la mondialisation, ce n'est pas la vision le probleme, c'est qu'on se donne pas les moyens d'appliquer cette vision correctement.

Les problemes sont d'ordres structurel, juridiques etc nos lois, notre maniere de faire n'est pas la bonne... la vision, les idées sont la, mais le cadre n'y ait pas, le foncier est indisponible et cher, les ressources humaines peu qualifiées, l'environnement des affaires est mauvais , le Maroc n'est pas le pays ideal pour faire du business, il y a beaucoup d'investisseurs qui choisissent d'autres endroits à cause de cela. (Amerique du Sud, Asie , Turquie etc)
le Maroc reste le pays avec le plus d'investissements dans les pays Méditerranéens en 2015

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
LE MAROC A BESOIN D’UN NOUVEAU MODÈLE ÉCONOMIQUE POUR STIMULER LA CROISSANCE

Le modèle économique adopté par le Maroc depuis le début 2000 a atteint ses limites. Il faut une transformation structurelle pour faire passer le royaume à un autre palier de croissance. La conférence de la Fondation Attijariwafa bank a permis de baliser les contours de ce nouveau modèle.

C’est un euphémisme de soutenir que la rencontre organisée par la Fondation Attijariwafa bank, dans le cadre de son cycle de conférence «Echanger pour mieux comprendre», avec pour thème: «Conjoncture économique 2016: quelles opportunités à saisir et obstacles à lever pour le Maroc?» est d’une actualité brulante. Elle est intervenue 24 heures après l’annonce par le Haut commissariat au plan (HCP) de la révision de moitié de sa prévision du taux de croissance 2016, ne tablant plus que sur un taux de croissance de 1,3%.

Revenant sur cette projection, Jean Pierre Chauffour, Economiste principal, Banque mondiale, a indiqué aussi que l’institution de Bretton Woods va réviser à la baisse sa prévision de croissance à moins de 2%, contre 2,7% en septembre dernier.

Croissance trop «capitalivore»

Au delà de la faiblesse de la croissance du PIB, c’est le modèle économique poursuivi par le Maroc depuis 2000 qui est de plus en plus remis en question. En effet, si le Maroc est parvenu à assurer un taux de croissance de l’ordre de 4,7% en moyenne annuelle depuis 2001, c’est surtout grâce à deux variables : les dépenses publiques liées aux investissements dans les infrastructures et la consommation des ménages soutenue par les améliorations des revenus des salariés (hausse des salaires, aménagement de la grille de l’IR, etc.) dans un contexte de liquidité bancaire favorisant l’octroi des crédits.

«Il s’agit d’une croissance très capitalivore, avec des investissements pesant autour de 30% du PIB», a fait remarquer l’expert de la Banque mondiale. Pour des taux d’investissement similaire, d’autres pays réalisent des taux de croissance de 7% et plus.

Du coup, «le moment est venu d’évaluer la soutenabilité de ce modèle» a expliqué Chauffour, en appelant à la mise en place d’un nouveau modèle à même de «faire passer l’économie marocaine à un nouveau palier qui est créateur de valeur et d’emplois».

Et le maillon manquant du modèle marocain est celui de «gain de productivité». En clair, selon l’Economiste principal de l’institution de Bretton Woods, «le rattrapage économique ne sera effectif qu’en réalisant des gains de productivité».

Faible intégration à l’économie mondiale

Allant dans le même sens, Larbi Jaïdi, Economiste, professeur-chercheur, à l' Université Mohammed V, relève une certaine contradiction du modèle économique en vigueur. Alors que «le modèle suivi est drivé par la demande intérieure, le Maroc est depuis quelques années orienté vers l’ouverture extérieure en multipliant les accords de libre-échange».

Du coup, malgré un taux d’investissement élevé, parmi les plus levés au monde, le Maroc affiche globalement des taux de croissance globalement moyen, faiblement créatrice d’emploi et qui n’est pas inclusive. Et même au niveau de l’intégration à l’économie mondiale, «la part du commerce international du Maroc n’a pas évolué et s’établit autour de 0,12% et ce malgré les multiples accords de libre-échange qui le lie avec de nombreux pays», poursuit le professeur.

Recommandations

Le fond du problème est celui de la compétitivité. Or, pour y arriver, il faut une transformation structurelle. «Malheureusement, la transformation structurelle est très lente du fait qu’on craint le changement au Maroc», a expliqué Jaïdi. Partant,
L’entreprise et la problématique de sa compétitivité doivent être au cœur du nouveau modèle de développement.

Seulement, si jusqu’à présent la compétitivité des entreprises marocaines a été vue presque uniquement sous l’angle de réduction des coûts au détriment de l’amélioration de la productivité, il souligne que «tous les pays ayant réussi leur rattrapage économique, ont axé leurs forts sur les gains de productivité».

En clair, pour les intervenants, «il faut agir sur la gouvernance domestique afin de réaliser des performances économiques».
Et pour cela, l’Etat doit accélérer les réformes structurelles touchant l’éducation et la formation du capital humain, lutter efficacement contre la corruption, mettre un terme aux arriérés de paiement, aller vers un régime de flexibilité du taux de change, mettre un terme aux situations de rente, etc.
http://www.le360.ma/fr/economie/dia...-economique-pour-stimuler-la-croissance-62357

Reactions: dcasataza

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
le Maroc reste le pays avec le plus d'investissements dans les pays Méditerranéens en 2015
When you spoke of "mediteraneen" that's where i think you are wrong !
may be you meant North Africa, may be even Mena region (i doubt it though), mediteraneen i don't think so...unless you can find a reliable source.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
When you spoke of "mediteraneen" that's where i think you are wrong !
may be you meant North Africa, may be even Mena region (i doubt it though), mediteraneen i don't think so...unless you can find a reliable source.
no at all bro , dont forget big crisis in Spain , Italy , Portugal , Greece , Turkey , Tunisia , Egypt ... Morocco is very stable state , thats why , im going to try to found the article ^^

·
Premium Member
11,194 Posts
Le Maroc ne recoit pas plus d'Ide, que l'Espagne, l'Italie, et la Turquie, ou encore la France ( qui a aussi une facade med)...
Ca doit etre sur l'Afrique du Nord.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
21 - 36 of 36 Posts