SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this idea from a thread in the Quebec section. What buildings in your city are rumoured to be "haunted"? I know the Keg Mansion here is supposed to have the ghost of a maid who hung herself from a railing.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I don't have pictures, but the old abandoned town 10 minutes west of Kamloops on the north side of the river called Tranquille or 'Padova' is rumored as haunted. I have been there a couple times at night with friends to check 'er out and it is very scary. It used to be a Quarantine town for those with Tuberculosis, and before that (or after) it was a mental institution.

·
The Mighty.
3,184 Posts
Some off the top of my head.
Amherstburg (a town 25 minutes away)
Park House built in the 1780s-1790s. Supposedly has a ghost of a little girl, and a woman. A German tourist was in the house and went through all the rooms, she was the only one there and the curator who was downstairs... the Germany woman went down to say how nice it was that they had people dressed in period clothing, and the curator said no one was working. I guess she saw a woman in a black dress in the corner of an upstairs bedroom folding baby clothes.
In the 1970s the house was under repairs and closed off to the public, but kids living across the street always saw a little girl in the upstairs window watching them.
Eeeks.

The Gordon House built in 1798 supposedly has a semi-violent man ghost.
Beautiful place though.

The Duff-Baby house built in the 1790s was once the invading Americans local headquarters when they invaded my city and what was Olde Sandwich Towne (which is part of Windsor now). BEAUTIFUL place.
Ghost stories range from an escaped slave in the attic, to poltergiest messing with water pipes and what not...

My area is chaulk full of ghost stories, and they're reviving a ghost walk in August which I'd love to go on.
The Windsor area is the oldest settlement of Europeans west of the Quebec border. The area is steeped in history.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
The Gibraltar Point Lighthouse on the Toronto Islands is apparantly haunted by the lighthouse keeper who went missing and was rumoured to have been murdered. They do offer tours of the lighthouse if you call in advance, once the strike is over...

·
In mourning
97,458 Posts
I don't know any haunted houses in metro Vancouver. But when I was a young kid, I did see a ghost at my grand father's funeral. I saw an old man whom I couldn't recognize sitting on a chair about 20 feet away from my grand father's body and he was looking around like he was lost,while all of us were sitting on the floor mourning over my grand father's death. I was not afraid at that time, I just felt strange that how come there was a stranger sitting there by himself. I tried to tell my mom but she was busy crying and that man just vanished moments later.

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ wow! That is so cool! Great story...

Supposing you came across the house of your dreams, and it was at a very good price. The only catch was, it is reputed to be haunted. How many people would avoid it, and how many people would buy it and move in?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
^^Someone was stabbed to death a month ago seven floors above my unit. When I was finished a really intense workout today I went into the men's change room (which is currently undergoing renovations) to splash some water on my face. I turned around to check out the progress of the tiling and for a second saw some apparition a slightly glowing face in the dark steam room. 2 seconds later I was out of there... I'm sure it was real considering I never really believed in the paranormal and thus my imagination couldn't have manifested somthing so suddenly. :eek:
My heart throbbing away for at least 7 minutes.
:dunno:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I worked in Port Perry, Ontario for a few months half a year ago. There's a restaurant there called 'Jester's Court' which is apparently haunted.

Went to eat there and talked with the servers and they confirmed some weirdness happening, especially at night. Like apparition at top of stairs, sometimes stuff moving around and so on. I personally didn't see anything that night though!

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I knew a woman who worked in management at one of the grand old hotels downtown here in Toronto. She was in her office, and notice two bellboys walking past her open door in funny old fashioned blue uniforms. They were gone when she went to have a look, and apparently that was the description of the old uniforms. Creeeeppyy....

·
In mourning
97,458 Posts
Supposing you came across the house of your dreams, and it was at a very good price. The only catch was, it is reputed to be haunted. How many people would avoid it, and how many people would buy it and move in?
If the ghost was a young princess, I wouldn't mind. :D Otherwise, no thanks!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
There is this mysterious house right across the street from me that is said to be haunted. Since I was very young, I have never seen anyone live there. It is actually a really big house too, one of the bigger ones in my area.

·
Registered
782 Posts
There are a bunch of supposedly haunted buildings in North Bay, the British pub across the street from my apartment is one example. The "ghost" in the pub likes to set off the pub's very loud alarm in the middle of the night well after closing. It usually blares for at least a half an hour before someone shows up to turn it off, so it's a good thing I'm a night-owl and work the night shift. haha There's even a "downtown haunted walking tour" that takes place here during the summer months for the tourists.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts