SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have someone some photos of Harrods (inside) in London? I here it's very luxuary and beautiful. Please please please. Thank you very much!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been to there but I have no photos. I had my camera on my hands but one of the guards said that "no photos here, could you put your camera to your backbag" or something. :)

·
Against ID Cards
9,799 Posts
I went there once when I was a youngster but can still remember the place. Other than that I've gone past it on the bus a few times. The lighting scheme around xmas is brilliant.

·
Registered
30,487 Posts
I went there a few times but I only ever bought one thing which was a pencil for £2 which was only really for the bag.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I've been there loads. I like the egyptian themed escalators. Apparently they move the same speed as the Nile. That's the word on the street anyway :laugh:
The place is fine but it is populated by quite tiresome people and tourists. Plus Al-Fayed or whatever is a crook.

·
Better To Do Nothing
10,500 Posts
SuomiPoika said:
You guys live in London but still very few of you have been there???
yep.....like anyone who lives in a big, famous city, the tourist attractions kinda get forgotton about when you have everyday life to focus on :)

For example i went to St Pauls for the first and only time a few years ago......same for the British Museum (dunno how i managed to miss that for such a long time)

·
Registered
9,495 Posts
I've been to Harrods a couple of times in London great shop. Only bought a cheap headphone though for that bag and some biscuits. The prices are ridiculous though eg: 500ml Diet Coke £1.50 in Harrods 80p accross the road in Sainsburys. However in reality its more of a tourist attraction than a proper shop like Selfridges.

·
Cute but Psycho...
6,023 Posts
i think if Harrods prices where any lower it would lose its 'exclusive' appeal, a bit like brand names, the more expensive a product is the more fashionable it is, same with stores

·
sjwmoore
1,382 Posts
I bought a roast beef sandwich for £10 in the cafe- just as a one off to say id done it. It was very good, and the tea was exceptional

1 - 20 of 41 Posts