Skyscraper City Forum banner
181 - 200 of 513 Posts

·
Registered
10,865 Posts
Good answer for a good question. I wanted to ask the same. How is the city as a whole, meaning the clean and orderly is more than the dirty and messy part?
There are undeveloped parts with random souks in areas that lacks proper roads etc, I wouldn't call them orderly but the city as a whole seemed clean. The central parts of town looks like the photos, it's definitely more of the "clean and orderly" but remember that it's a small town even though it's growing fast.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
^^ The french had problems with these toilets ... they weren't being used for the intended purpose. Apparently they were being used mostly by junkies, drug dealers and prostitutes.

·
Surprisingly optimistic!
12,908 Posts
^^
Sorry brother,
Public Restrooms & sidewalks are prohibited by Ethiopian Constitution (Article 39.1A).....Attempt to build/ or to even think about is punishable by stoning!!
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe a smoke detector will do the trick, but I fear the people may just go wherever they want, and a country person may go in the sink... :puke: But I think we don't have to worry about drug users- khat chewers can do it in the open! :eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
^^ Nice pic.Hawassa. It looks like lewi resort 4 is open for business. When i was there in last september they were doing a finishing touch on it and now it looks great. The price for the tukuls were $139/night and for the building facing the lake were $129/night .Next time when i go i will definitly check it out.

·
Registered
465 Posts
^^ Nice pic.Hawassa. It looks like lewi resort 4 is open for business. When i was there in last september they were doing a finishing touch on it and now it looks great. The price for the tukuls were $139/night and for the building facing the lake were $129/night .Next time when i go i will definitly check it out.
$130 is what I paid for an all-inclusive weekend in a well developed Mediterranean resort where labor and the cost of running the business costs more..I wonder who their customers are?....I hate the way businesses in Ethiopia want to get rich overnight..perhaps that is why most are not good at maintaining and sustaining...

·
Registered
668 Posts
woldamanuel dubala, founder of SLM who later chased out of the country with the likes of OLF, ONLF by TPLF back in 90s. The primer on the monument isn't true at all.

AWASSA, is beautiful city. I haven't seen people as nice as Awasa's. They are very laid back and liberal folks. Nice to see pictures of my alma mater here :)

181 - 200 of 513 Posts