SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ Yes, the government of Portugal helped significantly. There are some weak ties between Mostar and Lisboa. Most of Mostar's Sefaradi Jews did not come from Spain, as they did in Sarajevo, Skopje, and other Balkans cities - but from Portugal. The old Jewish homes, businesses, and even other buildings designed by local Jewish builders have many Portuguese influences. I don't know what they are :D just that they're there. ;)

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm happiest about the mosque still being colorful... in Sarajevo so many of the mosques that the Saudis financed the reconstruction of were painted completely white, but that mosque has retained our traditional look.

And it's also great that the Old Town seems completely rennovated. I can only imagine how Sarajevo would look like if the whole old town and surrounding area were in the same condition as Mostar's.

·
Registered
710 Posts
L3D3NI said:
I'm happiest about the mosque still being colorful... in Sarajevo so many of the mosques that the Saudis financed the reconstruction of were painted completely white, but that mosque has retained our traditional look.
Damn Saudis, we should seriously remove their mosques( not to be rude but it's BOSNA not fucking arabia) and replace them with traditional mosques.

·
Registered
292 Posts
very nice. mostar is beautiful, i love the roofs, shiny grayish-white roofs. great colors to match the barren landscape aound it.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The stage at Mostar, constructed to provide seating room for the tens of thousands that attended the bridge's re-opening, is still used for concerts and cultural events in the city.

Schools, cultural groups, dance troupes, and ANY visiting artists are allowed to use the facility COMPLETELY free of charge:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bosnia's legendary stecci, in an around Mostar:

A sort of cross mixed with the spiral symbol of Bosnia's "Sun God":

·
Registered
52,552 Posts
Mila said:
^ Yes, the government of Portugal helped significantly. There are some weak ties between Mostar and Lisboa. Most of Mostar's Sefaradi Jews did not come from Spain, as they did in Sarajevo, Skopje, and other Balkans cities - but from Portugal. The old Jewish homes, businesses, and even other buildings designed by local Jewish builders have many Portuguese influences. I don't know what they are :D just that they're there. ;)
wow I dont now that Mila :uh: Sefarat is the old Jwish name for Iberia!!

·
Старий М
5,285 Posts
So...Turkish. Very nice city. Did you take these pictures Mila? :)

·
Stop the World...
830 Posts

:eek: OMG how beautiful are these pigeons :eek: I wish we had a such beasts here in Paris.
:cheers:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts