SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum, so I obviously need some help. I am a student at the MIT (but I live in Cockeysville) currently studying engineering. So, can someone please give me an introduction to this forum and what it's about (skyscrapers, etc.)? Thanks.

·
Proud Marylander
553 Posts
Welcome to SSC (Skyscraper City!) I'm probably not the best "greeter", but I'll pitch in some of my thoughts. From my experience, this site is primarily about any urban, metropolitan, and regional issues you can think of: skyscrapers included, various city developments (residential, commercial, industrial), crime, urban decay, poverty, culture, entertainment (if you're looking for ideas on things to do, people will be more than willing to help), and much more. Several people are generous enough to take pictures of various cities, towns, etc. to show everyone. I'd say seeing photos is a big reason I come here, because if I'm not immediately able to go somewhere, it's fun to see people's photography skills while learning more about the world we live in. People here are from all corners of the world. It almost seems as if no town goes unnoticed, even if maps don't mention them. Seriously, I've often seen the smallest of towns mentioned time and time again.

·
1981 Civic
2,911 Posts
^^Well said. And be wary of the trolls--they seem to be particularly active in the USUI forums. You can tell who they are because they always seem to have something negative to say.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Wow, what a commute! I'm from north B'more, not far from you.
Enjoy the BAltimore and Boston development threads!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Cockeysville said:
Hello, I am new to this forum, so I obviously need some help. I am a student at the MIT (but I live in Cockeysville) currently studying engineering. So, can someone please give me an introduction to this forum and what it's about (skyscrapers, etc.)? Thanks.
MIT? You can't mean the Massachusetts Institute of Technolagy... The Maryland Institute of Technolagy? Is there such a thing lol?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I'm not saying that you aren't MIT materail lol. I'm just not getting how you go to school in Mass while living in Maryland.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Oh ok, but by saying this
I am a student at the MIT (but I live in Cockeysville)
gives the impression you live some 300-400 miles away from the school you go to lol

·
Registered
11,741 Posts
Yeah one of our guys here does that, PeterSmith. He goes to England, Miami and in Baltimore, too. I hope I'm accurate on that, Peter. :D
But, Welcome to the forum, Cockeysville!
Hope you will bring that great education with you to Baltimore once your finished with MIT. ;) :)

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
lol seriously? Who was he before?... Oh and by the way Jman, another troll that we thought had gone away when you warned her is back in the Rochester forum, with total disregard to your comments at the beginning of the thread.

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts
ROCguy said:
lol seriously? Who was he before?... Oh and by the way Jman, another troll that we thought had gone away when you warned her is back in the Rochester forum, with total disregard to your comments at the beginning of the thread.
i'll deal with it...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.