Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Taikun
10,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to this forum. I was talking photos in Liverpool the other week. I was in quite a rush, and didn't have time to get the names of all the buildings I photographed. Can anyone help me with the names of these please? Few of them are particularly interesting btw! Here is one, I'll put some more up soon.

This is behind the Cunard Building and over the road (by the footbridge tunnel thing). Posting in it in a moment.

·
Taikun
10,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so 4 buildings all behind the Cunard Building and Liver Building and one of the vent buildings:

Cheers!

·
Sexy Astronaut
11,813 Posts

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Love this building!

although, it along with these two are looking very rough, and need some love (all rusty and ugh...)
(and their bases seem a tad 'dead')

oh btw and im stealing these pics....

·
Just something
9,059 Posts

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
Have you noticed how the brickwork at the top of the White Star building is a slightly different colour? If you look closely you can also see that the detail is not as good as the rest of the building either. This is because the building was gutted in the blitz and the top was completely blown off .. post war rebuild could not replicate the quality of a previous age. If you also look at other pics from this site you will see the complete devestation that took place just in that one area... there is a good one of the dealers of the corn exchange (just around the back of this one) carrying on working in the rubble!

·
Fugly
11,311 Posts
Isn't that the old Scotland Yard in the above pic? :? They were designed by the same architect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts