SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I would like to know if someone can help me here to build a extra toilet in my new property purchase. Floorplan is attached. You just simply open it in MS paint and can draw according to the extra toilet space with regulation,convenient and cost.
Underneath stairs space is very small and hardly someone can stand.
Please download picture from here http://picturepush.com/public/8599585
Upload at same place it does not required any registration. and add link in your reply.

Many thanks

·
actual gherkin
13,931 Posts
Put it in the space labelled 'cupboard', and use the space to the right of the cupboard for storage space. By eye it looks like it could accommodate a toilet and wash hand basin. You're lucky that the door opens outwards too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Gherkin.
Actually we can not built toilet there as its quite low cieling of stairs and nobody can stand in. Thats why I have mentioned in my post that "Underneath stairs space is very small and hardly someone can stand."
Could you please adivise something else?
Thanks

·
actual gherkin
13,931 Posts
Sorry I misunderstood - well the only place you could really put it would be directly to the right of it, using similar dimensions to the cupboard. It's not worth compromising the lounge space - in the kitchen near the back door is the best place for it. There will still be space for new storage next to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Gherkin,
Its really good feedback. My offer has been accepted but waiting for few confirmation. so lets see what happens.

·
Registered
107 Posts
alibinshad said:
Thanks. Gherkin.
Actually we can not built toilet there as its quite low cieling of stairs and nobody can stand in. Thats why I have mentioned in my post that "Underneath stairs space is very small and hardly someone can stand."
Could you please adivise something else?
Thanks
Have you thought of closing the staircase off from the lounge - ie continue partition at porch till meets central wall, provide new door into lounge,
Remove inner porch wall, provide new partition side of stairs with door opening towards front, this will be your new toilet/cloakroom, assume drainage can be taken out through the LHS under stairs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts