SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
678 999 8212
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a 10x8x10 greenhouse in my backyard and moving my plantation outside. Gonna see if I can make internal temperature steady at 25C if outside temperature is 35C in summer and -20C in winter. Saw this big greenhouse in stores going cheapest at $900; materials I've bought so far cost less than $60, which include the mainframe: wood beams and 4mil polyethylene sheets (plastic greenhouse coverings).

Currently, I have a hydroponics system that is indoors. Room of same size that is sealed off temporarily during the day to provide optimum growing conditions. I have a CO2 regulator and injection system that burns propane to supply CO2 (set at 1350ppm) and water (65% humidity). I suppose I can use this in the greenhouse in the winter only because it generates ALOT of internal heat which would keep the greenhouse warm and supply enough CO2. But it would be disastrous to use it in the summer for which reason I need something to provide a cooling effect. Only thing I have in mind is dry ice (solid CO2) that sublimates in air, increasing atmospheric CO2 levels and significantly cooling the environment in the process. But it is a bit costly to run everyday for 4 months. Looking for alternatives.

Any chemistry/physics majors welcome to provide insight. Also looking for help from people who know how to build such systems (i.e. build materials, insulation, etc).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts