SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week i was driving on the Autobahn past Hannover toward Celle, i was deep in conversation with passengers & not really concentrating :eek:hno: when i suddenly noticed an amber flash>( I was on either the driecke Hannover-west or Hannover-nord, someone please reasure me there are no speed cameras on these intersections or if there are what sort of fine i could expect, i guess i was travelling about 100kph, thanks.

·
Daniel
670 Posts
Amber lights flashing are used for warning. That could be a decrease in speed limit, unpredictable turn, roadwork, sudden change in pavement, grading etc...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amber lights flashing are used for warning. That could be a decrease in speed limit, unpredictable turn, roadwork, sudden change in pavement, grading etc...
This was just one single flash and it was daytime approx 16.00hrs. Are there any speed camera's on the autobahn network? i noticed them on minor roads.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
This was just one single flash and it was daytime approx 16.00hrs. Are there any speed camera's on the autobahn network? i noticed them on minor roads.
There are speed cameras on the Autobahn, but I guess a lot fewer than in the UK. :)

If you're below 20kmh over, fines would be lower than what it costs you to fill up your car in the UK. (10-30EUR) Even if you were a little over 20kmh, it would be "only" 70EUR and 1 point. So just relax and see what happens. Maybe nothing at all. :)

·
12,581 Posts
Think positive: maybe someone was on the bridge above the motorway and took a picture :)

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
8,933 Posts
A week ago I saw the amber flash of the speed camera that is just after a 70 prohibition sign near Huesca :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts