SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Long time browser here but a first time poster. I hope it's okay to post a request for help here!

I work for a company that sensitively restores fabulous, big old buildings... Some European and North American castles and mansions. I submitted a sketch for a new building on an existing site... A classical styled greenhouse/conservatory of the Corinthian order. Here's my sketch:

My boss was really impressed but asked if I could clean it up a bit so I decided to do it in AutoCAD. I am a stickler for detail so I've followed the classical proportions of the entablature being one-quarter the column height, etc.

I decided to put it all on a pedestal/plinth but I only know that it is supposed to be three-and-a-half column diameters tall. I do not know the proportions for the mouldings of the base. Also, I would like to know the proportions of a proper balustrade/parapet for on top of the entablature. There would be urns added to the top later.

If anyone has the proper Corinthian proportions for the pedestal/plinth (which is composed of a base, die and cap) and the balustrade/parapet, please let me know! I would be more than happy to post the finished drawing when done :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Fabulous work.. it deserves some help from any knowledgeable forum members... anyone can help him?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts