Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Big Cheese
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These are not my pictures, but they're nice and the photos are from "the pearl of Öresund" We can all agree on that we're more or less tired of all the big cities threads so here are some pictures of a great town we haven't seen.

Helsingborg is the town where i want to live in later ("again").. and its only 20 minutes by boat from Helsingör, Denmark

dunkers culture house

its reminds me a bit of Sète

boxwood

some art museum

kärnan

poor palm trees

·
Have a mint.
396 Posts
Great thread Ringil! :eek:kay:
Helsingborg is such a beautiful town, and you just gotta love its proximity to Helsingore (as a dane anyway, hehe). :cool:

·
囧!
10,897 Posts
Helsingborg is a shit city with shit inhabitants and they got a shitty football club aswell. That is all you need to know.

The pics were pretty cool tho. :)

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
staff said:
Helsingborg is a shit city with shit inhabitants and they got a shitty football club aswell. That is all you need to know.
Damn! Why are you such a Helsingborg hater??

Great pictures BTW :D

·
The Big Cheese
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

kullagatan, the oldest walking street in Scandinavia, apparently

Ramlösa Brunnshotel.Scandinaviens største træbrygning

mariakyrkan

Sofiero, might be the most beautiful garden in Scandinavia. Some garden crazy english princess and her husband built and took care of the garden, about 100 years ago. Sofiero is today probalby most known for all its rhododendrons.

lol :D

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
How perfectly lovely, Ringil! :applause:

Thank you so much, Helsingborg looks like a wonderful city! :eek:kay: The park is a jewel. Why do you think that English princess was crazy? Look at that fine legacy she left! :cool:

I'm surprised at all those palms. Why is it that northern cities try to make themselves look like what they're not?

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Whose Homepage said:
I'm surprised at all those palms. Why is it that northern cities try to make themselves look like what they're not?
:D Thats actually true ... i think it's because everybody loves the south, everybody loves warm areas.. and what could be warmer and "more south" than having a bunch of palm trees by a beach :D

·
The Big Cheese
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why do you think that English princess was crazy? Look at that fine legacy she left!
she was crazy in gardening ;)
because it makes people forget about the gray winters. 5 years ago you could only see them in the botanical gardens but no they're everywhere, in pubs, near the beach, everywhere south of Göteborg

just read that they got one of europes biggest collections of rhododendron, more then 10 000 diffirent speices
http://www.dansksvenskforening.dk/img/sofiero1_large.jpg

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
It's rhododendron season here right now, Ringil. :)

As for the English princess, I love that sort of craziness! :eek:kay:

So I gather from the number of palms way up north that they must have developed a new strain that is fairly winter resistant? :cool:

@NorthStar: I think I'd go bananas in that garden, too! :banana:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts