SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put here new pictures and little bit older ones from Helsinki, Espoo and Vantaa and maybe from somewhere else. At first from Helsinki.

I start with photos from Kannelmäki (taken august 2009):
Kannelmäki is marked here with dark green color
http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiedosto:Helsinki_districts-Kannelmaki.png
Church of Kannelmäki:

Now some Appartmenthouses:

Some newer pictures (taken yesterday and last sunday) from Pitäjänmäki (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Helsinki_Pit%C3%A4j%C3%A4nm%C3%A4ki.png):

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now some today's photos. I start from Kallio. Pengerkatu is the street from where these pictures are taken.

Now some photos from Vallila.

Now to Eastern Pasila (Itä-Pasila).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I will start to use larger size, when I tomorrow will put some pictures from Näkinpuisto, Merihaka, Hakaniemi and Kruununhaka.

But now some pictures from Hermanni (taken 24.4.).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have put that same picture of that green/orange house to Talo foorumi (I use name tislauskolonni there) and it has catched attention also there. It has mayby little too crazy color combination. It is good to have neon colors and very strong colors, but maybe one should use them more sparesamly. It's adress is Muurikuja 1 and there is actually two houses of same kind next to each other.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Näkinpuisto is in Sörnäinen, south from Haapaniemenkatu, between Hämeentie and Sörnäisten rantatie:

In the back of this picture there is a building from Merihaka:

This is near Merihaka, some cows made by Miina Äkkijyrkkä:

Now pictures of Merihaka
This is from Hakaniemi bridge (Hakaniemen silta):

This is taken under the same bridge:

Two pictures near Hakaniemen tori:

Now two pictures from other side of Siltavuorensalmi (that water area), from Siltavuorenranta, Kruununhaka:

...and these are taken 15.5.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are from today. Siltasaarenkatu and church in Kallio:

Kallion virastotalo (=office building):

View towards Hakaniemen tori:

Ympyrätalo ("circular house" in finnish) and Arena-house:

Houses in Siltasaari:

Houses, that I have shown you before in previous post, and Pitkäsilta (meaning "Long bridge"):

Two pictures of Siltasaari from another shore of Kaisaniemenlahti:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now I put only two pictures taken from my living-room window today, because someone has done something strange. That little alley, what goes between that yellow building and the house, in which my appartment is, is Pengerkuja. So this is from Kallio. The building, where this "net" has been put, belongs to gymnasium, which has lots of art education, so maybe someone has just expressed something:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So this is Hämeentie 26/Kaikukuja 1 (it has two adresses) and the park next to it is Alli Trygg's park (Alli Tryggin puisto):

In that last image, the steert is Hämeentie. Nearly all busses from
Rautatientori goes throug this, some busses use Sörnäisten Rantatie instead
of Hämeentie, especially night busses to Eastern Helsinki and line 23 uses Toinen Linja.

Some more buildings around Alli Trygg's park, buildings at Kaikukuja:

...and at Ässänrinne:

In winter someone had left gingerbread house to Alli Trygg's park:

Because some people have released their pet rabbits, there lives wilderned domestic rabbits in
Helsinki. In autum I saw a rabbit together with some pigeons eating
something, what some has througn to ground to feed birds. It looked funny,
but unfortunately I have no picture of it. In winter some rabbits where running around Alli Trygg's park at night, so they left lots of marks to the snow:

Near this park is Näkinpuisto, from which I already have shown some pictures. Now the same area from Hämeentie and tram, to which has been put an additional low-entry part.
Tramlines 6, 7 (A- and B-versions) goes here.

Now some pictures from the yard of some office building nearby:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now some pictures from Torkkelinmäki in Kallio:

Now some stone birds in Lintulahti in Sörnäinen:

I will put more pictures from there later.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for comment.

Now a door from a building in Kaikukatu:

And now something from inside the block between Kaikukatu and Lintulahdenkatu:

Now from Lintulahdenkatu. A new appartment building is rising there:

Now to Lintulahti (5.5.):

The shore is badly used in front of Lintulahti, stupid parking areas and stuff like that:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Still something from northern parts of Sörnäinen:

From this pic you can see the yard, where I have taken two pictures shown little bit later:

A rubber boot left in the street:

Maybe not so beautiful, but still intresting:

No I am in that yard and I take now closer look to the same building made of bricks, which I showed you earlier:

Now here is a photo showing you opposite direction. I was near that pink building, when I took the picture, which shows you the yard, from where this picture is taken:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Now for a change, something from Kauniainen, a little town surrounded by Espoo. Kauniainen is between Leppävaara and Espoon keskus. Shopping areas near railway station:

Construction of appartment buildings is taking place in center of Kauniainen and some houses are already finished:

Kauniainen town hall:

Two pictures of metodist church build in 1917 with additional part built in 1968:

In Kauniainen there is lots more intresting buildings, so I will go there some other time in the future and take some more pictures.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In Kalasatama area have contemporary route opened, so it is possible to walk in the former harbour area, which now waits for construction. This is Suvilahti,
taken while approaching the area.

In this picture there is Kalasatama metro station in the backround:

Some plant there:

There were three wind mills in there. One of them was broken, at least it got only two wings and it didn't move when the others funktioned just fine.

Something drawned to the ground. Kalasatama would be something like Fish harbour in english, so fishes are quite obvious choise to draw.

Now something, what can be seen from Sompasaari (part of Kalasatama-area).

Korkeasaari zoo:

Now something from below Kalasaari metro station. Metro runs here over ground and street goes under metro rails.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts