Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Senior Button Pusher
17,165 Posts
An article about Hernando's ongoing efforts to build a bus system.

Hernando transit system improvements include connection to Pasco

Barbara Behrendt, Tampa Bay Times Staff Writer
Saturday, August 16, 2014 9:13pm

BROOKSVILLE — Hernando County's public transit system will get a major boost, thanks to action by the Hernando County Commission last week to shorten wait times, add a route providing service to Brooksville-Tampa Bay Regional Airport and make a long-awaited connection with the Pasco County transit system.

The enhancements are the latest to expand the system, known as THE Bus, and come just a couple of years after some commissioners and residents were ready to abandon the system because of low ridership.

County transportation officials are pushing to provide the latest improvements a year earlier than previously planned. They are shooting for implementation during the 2016 budget year, which begins Oct. 1, 2015.

Commissioners voted 5-0 to begin to seek transit grants to establish a fourth bus route, to be known as the Green Route; a capital grant to purchase more buses; and a grant that would allow service enhancements, such as increasing the frequency of buses to 60 minutes and expanding into Pasco County.

"This is great,'' said Commissioner Nick Nicholson. "This is something that I really wanted to see since I got elected.''

There was full support for the new Green Route, which would run from the Walmart Supercenter on Wiscon Road in Brooksville, then turn south onto California Street and west on Spring Hill Drive, terminating at the Walmart on U.S. 19 in Spring Hill.

For full article click here...
http://www.tampabay.com/news/localg...rovements-include-connection-to-pasco/2193304

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^
This is exactly what we need! I also hope that plans for MCAT/SCAT connections with Hillsborough and Pinellas are able to move ahead, I think it's largely been stalled. Not sure why.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts