SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
6,890 Posts
Yeah, we should work on a new banner. What was the last banner that was posted? Maybe we could go a different angle with the new banner.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Good idea , it's been a while since the last Baltimore banner.

^^ This could work.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The mods picked the night shot taken from Federal hill (or rash field).

In the last go around, I really liked the picture taken from midtown. The one with the blueish hue.

·
Registered
789 Posts
^^ yeah thats the one i was hopin theyd pick too. i didnt like that one from fed hill. same ol angle that u'll find on every postcard in town. I didnt care for it artisticly either.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts

·
6,890 Posts
^^ Yeah, number 2 is an all-star. I really like the last one as well, but I don't think it would make a great banner. Man, is Baltimore dense, though. That photo shows what separates Baltimore from the majority of American cities.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
The mods picked the night shot taken from Federal hill (or rash field).

In the last go around, I really liked the picture taken from midtown. The one with the blueish hue.
The moderators don't pick the one they like. They'll submit the banner of your choice , giving you options of dates for when to put it up. That being the case, someone should come up with 4-5 choices and we can take a poll. Obviously, The poll winner will be submitted and become the new Baltimore banner.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I think 2 sucks ass. Not only is the resolution bad, but its not even at a level angle.

1 and 4 are similar. 4 is more complete, but 1 is at a better angle giving a better feel of density.

I like 3. I liked it even more before the washington monument was chopped out of there T_T.

I think the goal should be a picture that shows as much of the skyline as possible, shows good density, AND has artistic merit and quality.. which I truly believe the last banner we had lacked.

·
6,890 Posts
I liked it even more before the washington monument was chopped out of there T_T.

I think the goal should be a picture that shows as much of the skyline as possible, shows good density, AND has artistic merit and quality.. which I truly believe the last banner we had lacked.
Yeah. Unfortunately, because of the strict size requirements, I was left with only three options:
1. Cut out the Washington Monument
2. Cut out the World Trade Center
3. Mash the picture out of proportion.

Nevertheless, I still think 3 is the best option, and of the photos we've seen, best succeeds at showing most of the skyline from a dense perspective. It's a pretty good shot from a photographic perspective as well, I think.

·
6,890 Posts
^^ Yup. In the GTA world I believe Liberty City is New York, Vice City is Miami, and San Andreas is Los Angeles. I like when they do the fictional city banners (I think they've also had Minas Tirith from Lord of the Rings and Naboo from Star Wars). It beats seeing Recife for the nine millionth time.

·
Registered
11,741 Posts
The Next GTA will be modeled after Baltimore! It will be called: "GTA, Bodymore, Murderland!" It seems appropriate given the game's overall context. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts