SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
It's Asian-American, dude
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone! My name is M. Poirot. I live in San Francisco (Actually, Marin, but I go to school in the city and I spend most of my time there anyway). SInce I'm new would you please fill me in on anything I might need to know? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
bro its ok here,anyways you don't really need to watchout for much ,except for the moderators they';ll bait ya if you don't watchout--j/k guys.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
You don't need to move it, but be careful next time that's all, or you'll thread will get locked or deleted. :lock: And try not to offend people or make a lot of enemies or you'll get BANNED. :banned:

·
1,652 Posts
I haven't been here to long, but just what they said don't offend to many people. Then again a lot of people are taken out of context too, so don't be offended if they seem to be offending you. Hmmmm....now Im confused lol. Don't worry you'll be fine. :)

oh and Im a guy as well.

·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks a lot! I'll experiment here by posting pics of the city I live in:
Mill Valley, California-Only 10 minutes by car from the city!

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Welcome and cheers from across the Bay, M. Poirot! :wave:

Congrats on having mastered the art of how to post photos. :eek:kay:

As far as what you should know to get around here, the others have pretty much said it. Read the rules, written and unwritten. The About the Forums section may answer some questions & give you some insight into how the place is run. Mere mortal forumers can't move threads ... it takes a mod to do that. You can edit, but not delete, your own posts.

I should perhaps add one more caveat: excessive parochialism should be avoided. :D

As you already know, I'm a gal. Thanks for joining my fan club! :) :cheers:

·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You're welcome, Madame. :)
As for parochialism, there's no need to worry about that. I am aware that Japan has a "unique" representation here on the forums, and I am not so happy with that. My goal here is to raise the reputation of Japan in these forums and learn about foreign countries and their cities on top of that.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
M.Poirot said:
Thanks a lot! I'll experiment here by posting pics of the city I live in:
Mill Valley, California-Only 10 minutes by car from the city!

10 minutes! that's without traffic right :) It looks beautiful there, I'll add you to the WHFC members list.

·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
612bv3 said:
10 minutes! that's without traffic right :) It looks beautiful there, I'll add you to the WHFC members list.
Yeah. 10 Minutes without the traffic. But since the majority of the residents live in the mountains that surround the downtown of the city (including me), it takes more than that to get to the city. 20 minutes for me, when the traffic at the Lombard exit on the Golden Gate isn't a bitch. But most of the time, it is a bitch. I guess you could also walk or bike to the city, but itll take you about an hour, im guessing.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
You should post some pictures of your city at SF Bay Area Pictures Thread which is a few post bellow your thread. But I wouldn't recomend it if you don't have DSL or Cable, it's really hard to load especially the first page (might take a minute or two) because it has a lot of Panos.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts