40 room hotel, three 3 storey apartment blocks, shopping / entertainment area

Harbour suitable for ski boats and flat keeled yachts and catamarans
700m from Hibberdene Blue Flag beach
Estimated launch date: Awaiting local authority tender acceptance

Developer - Mettalon Properties

·
Umhlanga
793 Posts
Is that a wharf or a boat ramp in the site plan?

Either way, the drawings are very confusing. A project based on the render would be much better than one based on the site plan.

·
Ratty
979 Posts
Is that a wharf or a boat ramp in the site plan?

Either way, the drawings are very confusing. A project based on the render would be much better than one based on the site plan.
i agree that this is confusing. The ref to 'flat keeled' yachts is also confusing. Most modern sailing boats have a draft / depth of at least 1.80 m. If the marina is too shallow to accomodate these craft i hope they review their plans to make it deeper.

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ This is one of 3 proposals for it. i dont have the other 2

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Yes, this is confusing. How are the boats supposed to get inside the canal system? There doesn't seem to be a link to the sea.

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here some more renders...maybe better to understand. looks a great project!!

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is one of 4 new marina's planned for the KZN coast. The others being Port Shepstone, Durban Point (vetchies) and Tinly Manor on the north coast. If all of them go ahead it will be great for sailing on the KZN coast, for there will be more destinations to stop off. At present you only have Durban and Richard's Bay harbours. The addition of all these smaller one's will be fantastic for tourism (sailing from marina to marina) and also from a safety aspect (yachts can pull into safe marina's closer than presently) And the waterfront elements on all of them are also great.

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i honestly have no idea. it is one of a string of proposed marina developments up and down the kzn coast, all which have to go through a very lengthy eia process. i'll try see what i can find

·
Registered
695 Posts
Not sure about Metallon

i honestly have no idea. it is one of a string of proposed marina developments up and down the kzn coast, all which have to go through a very lengthy eia process. i'll try see what i can find
I'm not sure about Metallon... - eg. I think if Tongaat Hulett (Moreland) were still involved with the Point ... we could actually see a little more movement...

Neels is a dictator just like Sutcliffe... and Neels' boss/bizpartner is Mzi Khumalo whos deal to build the cradle hotel a Zimbali collapsed... - I hope they not involved in this.

Anyway I heard former Proteas cricketer Pat Symcox is involved in this one.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts