Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This a slow Friday, although I have a lot of work to do before I call it the day. However, I am a bit bored and I wanted to start a new thread. I ran across an old aerial of Raleigh and I liked it enough that I wanted to post it, but I didn't want to hijack an existing thread. So, I decided to make this a non city-specific topic. Here is your chance to share some nice aerial photos of your city from high-altitude. The following aerial is several years old, and it is courtesy of American Aerial Photos, a local company. Those of you familiar with DT Raleigh will recognize the sites of Capitol Park and Magnet School that were just cleared. Also, you will notice that the Two Progress Plaza site was still a parking lot.

Try to find some photos that were taken from 6,000ft and above. Please, no low altitude images ;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I was in Raleigh a couple of years ago and thought it was a very pretty very lush city but I can't get over how many trees there are encircling the CBD! Very impressive! I hope they expand upward not outward.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for sharing your city's aerial photos. If you find more stuff, PLEASE post it here. I liked the video of the landing in Miami. It shows some nice density and the skyline in the distance :eek:kay:

I was in Raleigh a couple of years ago and thought it was a very pretty very lush city but I can't get over how many trees there are encircling the CBD! Very impressive! I hope they expand upward not outward.
Of course, you always have the typical idiots who are afraid of heights and cause sprawl, but you should be happy to know that all that green you see is still in place. Lots of infills, several high-rises under construction and many more coming up. All that at the expense of parking lots and underutilized parcels. According to the latest report by the city's Planning Dept, 25% of the growth is happening in the downtown area, which is a great thing.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Thanks for sharing your city's aerial photos. If you find more stuff, PLEASE post it here. I liked the video of the landing in Miami. It shows some nice density and the skyline in the distance :eek:kay:

Of course, you always have the typical idiots who are afraid of heights and cause sprawl, but you should be happy to know that all that green you see is still in place. Lots of infills, several high-rises under construction and many more coming up. All that at the expense of parking lots and underutilized parcels. According to the latest report by the city's Planning Dept, 25% of the growth is happening in the downtown area, which is a great thing.
thanks i thought that miami video was really spectacular

·
SoCal Hal
1,157 Posts

·
Banned
579 Posts
Kevin, if you haven't noticed, this is the SOUTHEAST section, not the MIAMI section. Everyone knows you love Miami more than yourself, but please post your stuff in your own section.

I don't go to the West section and post Atlanta or Houston pics, so don't post your stuff here.

Thank you.
it said post your cities aerial pic.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As the starter of this thread I should have explained earlier that ALL cities in the South may be included, be that in Texas, Florida, or Virginia. Miami definitely qualifies, as far as I am concerned. Sorry, I should have clarified that.

·
Banned
579 Posts
As the starter of this thread I should have explained earlier that ALL cities in the South may be included, be that in Texas, Florida, or Virginia. Miami definitely qualifies, as far as I am concerned. Sorry, I should have clarified that.
no i think u made it clear enough, if miami is not included in the southeast section then were is it included in the south america section?

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Raleigh-NC here is another video of Miami from a Air Canada Airbus and it starts with South Beach's incredible density onto downtown and the rest of the city:

hope you don't mind Raleigh...:cheers:

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do I mind? You gotta be kidding me :) I love that stuff!!! Miami has some cool density :eek:kay: Question: what is the area shown at the point where there are 2:09 minutes left? Several years ago I flew to Miami and I really liked how things looked from the air.

Here are some more aerial photos of Raleigh. Unfortunately, they are all old - several parking lots have already bitten the dust - and not what I would call "high altitude", but close :(

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Raleigh that is the Civic Center area northwest of downtown, it contains our county courthouses, jail and major hospitals including our trauma center.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts