Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a picture on the web showing a High-rise version of the city of lingang (luchao) which is planned south of Shanghai.

In the beginning, it was planned entirely as a low-rise city, with low-rise european harbour cities (like Hamburg) as archetype.

On the other hand, I have seen hardly any big development in China in the recent time that consist a downtown without high-rises.

So which one will be built, which one do you like better?

Personally, I think that, as China is having so many high-rise cities, whith supertalls going up in every major city, it would be nice, to have a city like luchao completely withouht high-rises and supertalls....

·
My Heart is with Beijing.
1,737 Posts
They all look low to me.:weird:
But anyhow I prefer the lower one. As long as it is sufficient for the city why not.

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, the lake has a diameter of about 3 km. So even if the skyscrapers are about 250 m tall they will look "low".

I think in the middle pic, the skyscraperers/highrises in the ring around the lake must be sth. like 200 m

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I think if it's going to be low rise then the lake needs to be reduced in size. It's out of proportion to the rest of the development.

·
CarlosRedDragon
1,854 Posts
I like High-rise!! :)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Well now that China needs to built a tons of new cities they should all follow this similar circular layout, so in the future when China is being viewed from space it will look like Coruscant(starwars) LOL

·
CarlosRedDragon
1,854 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I hope it's low rise actually, with high rise I suspect there will end up being too much space between buildings, meaning there will be no human scaled, intimate spaces.

·
••• Yo ♥ Dominicana •••
3,689 Posts
Nice project. :)

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I ve found that pic on flickr.

I think it shows the same model, that I posted already in the beginning of the thread.

The more I look at the Highrise Version, the more I like it.

It would be incredible to have a ring of 200-250m tall skyscrapers around the lake, with maybe 5-9 supertalls highlighting the whole composition....

·
CarlosRedDragon
1,854 Posts
Yes!! I like it too!! :cheers:

·
Banned
2,575 Posts
By coincidence, I happened to have the chance to interview Mr. Gerkan in Shanghai two years ago. He said that his masterplan is based on Hamburg, where you won't find many highrises. On the other hand the Chinese are the one who have the last saying in all matters.

·
CarlosRedDragon
1,854 Posts
A long time !! Update...2008??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts