SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
2,230 Posts
Is that shot from the roof of the Yellowish Block that isn't actually part of the Red Road complex even thought it was designed by the same architect and is the same height? Those shots made me light up when i saw them.:colgate:

·
Registered
989 Posts
nice pics gleegie :eek:kay: even though he didnt get very far it was still pretty amazing. I was watching from Germiston and he was literally a dot up there.

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
Real shame its been cancelled. Great pics though everyone.

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,805 Posts
Yeah, great photos! :eek: Shame he didn't get all the way across but it was still a good opportunity to take photos of these blocks without being looked at funny. :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's just been on the news that the wind was too strong and that's why he abandoned the attempt.
I hope he gives it another go as he seemed so confident the other day.

·
Registered
989 Posts
oh well, at least he gave it a go. that takes serious balls to do and he couldve died.

Is that shot from the roof of the Yellowish Block that isn't actually part of the Red Road complex even thought it was designed by the same architect and is the same height?
Birnie Court is part of the Red Road. Just dodgy sources of info say otherwise cos its across the road from the others. funnily enough, the 4 storey tenement block that is all but demolished at the foot of Birnie Court is also part of the Red Road.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts