1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
www.mtlurb.com
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
A decade and counting
884 Posts
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!!! lol. I wonder how developed Cuba would be if it never had the communist takeover. I think it would've been fairly developed somwhere along the lines of Puerto Rico.

·
Registered
meow
9,839 Posts
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!!! lol. I wonder how developed Cuba would be if it never had the communist takeover. I think it would've been fairly developed somwhere along the lines of Puerto Rico.
I think it would be a bit more like Mexico. But it would be interesting to see how the country develops into capitalism now. This is going to happen soon.

·
www.mtlurb.com
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, I have barely scratched the surface with this hightlight, some excellents sights were seen from the Bus, but i wasn't fast enough nor had conditions good enough to take pics.

I think Cuba would become a giant Cancun if it was a capitalist country...

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
At last Havama on SSC. Look's great. I luv it, restored and unrestored.

Great job :cheers:

·
Registered
982 Posts
Excellent! I loved the noise and atmosphere of Havana not to mention the most incredible architecture. I can't wait to go back next year to explore more of one of the most fascinating cities in the western hemisphere.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Here is some photos from my Havana, Cuba set (total 192 pics), you can find the rest here:

I loved this picture , buildings in Habana seem to be very very nice...its a shame some of them are not so well cared...great thread...thnx for sharing..:cheers1:

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Nice shots !

·
www.mtlurb.com
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great pictures, malek! I think you and your wife have been a few times, right? How did you find the cost of living in Havana (ie food and drink) for tourists?
thank you,

no we have been a few times to Cancun. I was actually staying at varadero, and we spent a whole day in Havana.

Couldn't tell you about the prices there.

Our trip to Havana and back with an organized tour, including food, tourist guide, bus cost us around 60 Convertible pesos (around 80$).

I find Cuba to be way too expensive for what it is, some prices are gouged and way over the top, i understand they are a poor country oriented to tourism, but come on. Some stuff was more expensive than in Canada and we too have plenty of tourism.

My friend told me about the casa particular, where you go and live in a rented room and a cuban family provide you with food and drinks. Should cost you around 20-30$ a night.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
I've probably already said it before. Havana is one of the most beautiful cities in the Americas. Politics aside, the "yank-tanks" and rainsoaked appearence certainly add a charm to the city.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
WOW! Thanks for sharing these amazing photos! The place looks really intriguing! really interesting place. Great photos, thanks for sharing them :cheers:

·
www.mtlurb.com
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Going to Cuba and Havana, you really step back in time. People don't have electronic gadgets (other than the tourists), cars are very old, houses and commerces are beaten up, ... its a very different and unique atmosphere.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Going to Cuba and Havana, you really step back in time. People don't have electronic gadgets (other than the tourists), cars are very old, houses and commerces are beaten up, ... its a very different and unique atmosphere.
That's what I was alluding to with the noise and atmosphere - so many people on the street talking to each other and just hanging out and children actually playing and laughing. It makes for a very vibrant city - and the live music everywhere. I have to say, the Cuban people are very very friendly and warm

1 - 20 of 25 Posts