SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As posted on a local business forum, this is great news and awesome that this company has elected to establish a permanent location in New Orleans. They have leased a large amount of office space at the top of an office building on Poydras St. in New Orleans. This is the first sign that major projects are coming to New Orleans...check out their site and some of the projects that they manage. For the future, all investments and management contracts for the Southeastern United States will come out of the New Orleans office.

http://www.hillintl.com/?fa=offices

Hill Intl. Opens New Orleans Office
By Amy Wolff Sorter Email this story | Printer-friendly | Reprints

NEW ORLEANS-In order to lend expertise and experience to the reconstruction of New Orleans in the wake of last summer's hurricanes, Hill International, a construction consulting firm headquartered in Marlton, NJ, has opened its newest office in the Big Easy. Located at 1100 Poydras St., the office's staff is led by Hill International's senior vice president Gail P. Charles.

"Hill is committed to assisting Louisianans with the recovery from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita," Charles commented in a prepared statement about the office's opening, which took place within the past month. The new office will provide project management services and consulting to those that need it throughout the U.S.'s gulf coast region.

The company's office, its first in a southern city, will focus on infrastructure projects, such as government buildings, schools and other institutions, according to a source with the company. "We're really in the process of learning the landscape down there, and there isn't a specific assignment I can speak of right now," he tells GlobeSt.com. "We're pursuing projects there, but nothing specific to announce."

Hill International, which was founded in 1976, helps with project management and construction claims consulting services internationally. Hill manages all phases of the construction process, from pre-design to completion. Hill International's offices are in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.

http://www.globest.com/news/550_550/neworleans/145773-1.html

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
It is great news but you do not have to post every new business coming in at Nouvelle-Orleans IMO!

·
Registered
483 Posts
You people's double standard is laughable. I guess the goal is to have nothing but Atlanta threads here... and you've almost accomplished that. Every single N.O. thread is ruined by someone saying "do we really need to know?", or "why do you post every little thing?", or "I doubt this", or "I'm tired of hearing about New Orleans", blah blah blah... It's getting really old.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
macon4ever said:
It is great news but you do not have to post every new business coming in at Nouvelle-Orleans IMO!
If what I post is all of the business news out of New Orleans, then we are screwed down here. I could post 10 to 12 significant business articles a day on this board, kiddo.

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
Cannonized said:
You people's double standard is laughable. I guess the goal is to have nothing but Atlanta threads here... and you've almost accomplished that. Every single N.O. thread is ruined by someone saying "do we really need to know?", or "why do you post every little thing?", or "I doubt this", or "I'm tired of hearing about New Orleans", blah blah blah... It's getting really old.
Give me an example of ONE Atlanta business thread. I am not sure if you can name one. What do you mean by YOU'VE accomplished posting nothing but ATL news threads? I have not posted about ATL business once! I haven't seen any either. Did I say this is bad news or anything? The answer is no. This forum is about bigger developments. I learned when I joined that you can't post every little thing about your city on this site. It would make the server even slower. If it is so "laughable," then why are you so upset? I'll try harder to ignore ignorant people like you.

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
Sean in New Orleans said:
If what I post is all of the business news out of New Orleans, then we are screwed down here. I could post 10 to 12 significant business articles a day on this board, kiddo.
If it matters so much to you, then I will stop so called "ruining your threads."
Why do you think no one but yourselves post on these NO threads? Come on, you've got to be smarter than that.

·
Registered
483 Posts
And another N.O. thread goes in the crapper. Macon, thanks for illustrating my point better than I ever could. And good job with the personal insults... nice touch.

·
Registered
249 Posts
macon4ever said:
If it matters so much to you, then I will stop so called "ruining your threads."
Why do you think no one but yourselves post on these NO threads? Come on, you've got to be smarter than that.

thank you, we'd appreciate that....

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tell you what...I'll just leave this board. It's not like I HAVE to be here.

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
^ Fine with me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts