SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You think they noticed the east facade design is all screwed up and isnt like in the plan? lmao

:eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
um... i don't see it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
um... i don't see it.
just below the solarium.... the design on the facade... (the dark lines) ... compare it to the original design in the second pic... its not symetric and kinda messed up..

(ps.. click on the thumbnail for a bigger pic)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
True, the lines aren'T symetrical, but I don't think it'll ruin the building. Wait til the rest of it is completed and I think we'll all agree that this will be a decent building!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
It could also be the rendering is not updated. But if that is not the case, it a big bo boo. The designers can be picky and ask them to redo it??

·
Registered
89 Posts
noticed it too today. botched.

im very disappointed by the whole job altogether, although ill take its height and the diasappearance of that trencg any day!

·
Banned
728 Posts
Why are you disappointed the whole job together ? I walk passed this site last summer for my Montreal visist I saw them were just about to finish the basement and now this is like more than half already a fews missing lines on the wall don't really change the whole structure of the building that's what it counts for , since the building is still u/c there still time to fix it ,that seems to be just minor mistake or maybe they changed the design of the wall who knows (?)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Why are you disappointed the whole job together ? I walk passed this site last summer for my Montreal visist I saw them were just about to finish the basement and now this is like more than half already a fews missing lines on the wall don't really change the whole structure of the building that's what it counts for , since the building is still u/c there still time to fix it ,that seems to be just minor mistake or maybe they changed the design of the wall who knows (?)
let me rephrase...

I am happy that its been built. yes.
I like the height,
I'm glad the huge trench that was there before has gone.

Having said this I'm happy about le 400. It complements the Sherbrooke canyon even further!

BUT the materials used are the same cheap-ass prefab concrete that we've unfortunately seen with le Roc Fleuri, les lepines etc...

And I'm not a fan of the windowless, abstract eastern facade.

·
oceanbeat11
342 Posts
May 29

·
:-x
5,787 Posts
^^ Your linked lumped me some electronic doormat.....I saw nothing like the shell that seems to have sat dormant the longest time now....."topped" makes it sound like the crane oughta've been removed by now...in case I've my to-be hotel names all mixed up, the one near Hutchinson on W Sherbrooke is the stall I'm querying here.

·
Banned
728 Posts
Yes the last upper floors have taken a bit long to get there but it looks topped out with the top narrowed in , maybe there's still some more works being done before they completly taken the crane off , I can see it clearly from place des art square every time I have my lunch there

·
:-x
5,787 Posts
^^ :D yeah, well --errr-- it really took me one more week for that to dawn on me :D Nice now, to be noticing its progress coz the prospect of another stagnant shell of some highrise is nasty.

Sadly, I find its over-reaching height intolerably merciless...it doesn't fit in well there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts