SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Scousish
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Given the recent poliferation of posts regarding the L1 retail development, I thought it would be good to seperate out the Hilton Hotel, as this is a major development in it's own right.

Here's a nice progress shot

12/03/08

17/06/08

·
likes beer
Cosmic chimp
12,723 Posts
^^ great idea Tom, this is going to look awesome when its finished :cheers:

took this one a couple of weeks ago:-

·
Registered
16,286 Posts
Not the greatest render, but it does give you an idea of what it will look like -

As you can see, the current off-white cladding will only extend so far up the building, with the upper three floors (where the apartments are located) being clad a bit differently.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
"On the park side, the building expands into a lightweight single storey pavilion and contains publicly accessible spaces that give this facade a permeable edge. This contains the bar and restaurant, as well as a café which opens up into the park during the summer months."
nice one.

·
Scousish
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A few more shots from today, loving the development of the cladding.. very classy.

·
Registered
16,286 Posts
Looks good Tom. The light cladding does looks really good, and I look forward to seeing the different cladding for the upper three apartment levels. Although obviously fit out will last into next year, hopefully the cladding and some of the public realm around the base will be in place by the Grand Opening in October, so visitors can get a better impression of how it will appear in relation to the park.

·
Registered
13,955 Posts
Looking at Tom's earleir progress shots between March and June, I'm confident that Hilton will ber externally complete by October. All they need to do is stick cladding and glazing in andthey can be safe from the elements whilst fitting out the building over the winter.

They may leave a sliver open, as they did with OPW, but otherwise it'll be well finished.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Looking at Tom's earleir progress shots between March and June, I'm confident that Hilton will ber externally complete by October.
They seem to be concentrating on the side facing the park, Judging by Tom's
pic in mid june there has been no change to the side facing the bus station.

·
Liverpool
927 Posts
They seem to be concentrating on the side facing the park, Judging by Tom's
pic in mid june there has been no change to the side facing the bus station.
It might only be me but is one of the panels out of alignment on the side facing the bus station? I'm an Engineer, we like things to be in line. :)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
gosh there really getting on with that perhaps they should go over and finnish the canal and public realm *lol* nice photo update Doug

·
Registered
16,286 Posts
Good to see this progressing well. I'm liking the simplicity of the cladding on the upper floors, which contrasts nicely with the cladding on the lower floors. I think this use of different cladding styles will make the building look much better than if the lower cladding had been continued to the roof.

A couple of questions -

Do we know where the entrance(s) to the hotel will be, and what will be contained in the double-height / part mezzanine section, immediately adjacent to the park? I'd like to see this part of the building fully glazed with the reception area, or maybe a bar or restaurant to present a busy, active frontage to the park.

·
Registered
13,955 Posts
The entrance is going to be on the Strand side I think, although there could be more than one.

The restaurant/bars will indeed be fronting Thomas Steers way, looking at the fountain (when switched on again!) and park.

1 - 20 of 290 Posts