Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
124,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Part 2 : I did quite an extensive walk around Chinatown on a hot but sunny day. I was quite satisfied with the results although I was soaked in sweat by the end of this.

Looks quite old world!

KL's Chinatown seems to be stuck in time. Even modern Chinese cities nowadays are building malls. These are testaments of older times when life was simpler.

I could smell these from far away!

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
hkskyline, What is your overall impression of KL ?

I personally think the city centre of KL has both the extremes... either very, very modern or very, very traditional; while the suburbs of KL are so vast, neverending and generally very modern with very fancy houses & apartments

·
124,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hkskyline, What is your overall impression of KL ?

I personally think the city centre of KL has both the extremes... either very, very modern or very, very traditional; while the suburbs of KL are so vast, neverending and generally very modern with very fancy houses & apartments
The city centre has some nice historical buildings. Chinatown was chaotic and dirty as expected. I didn't venture to the suburbs. I do agree there is a big contrast between the modern (KLCC) and the old, but what disappointed me the most was Putrajaya. The showcase city seemed so deserted.

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
^^ I like Putrajaya alot, in fact almost all of KL suburbs are so crowded with horrible traffic so places like Putrajaya provides a great relieve...... I think most of KL residents do share the same perception.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Great shots. I love those old houses and the atmosphere. In one of the old parts town they almost rolled my wallet. You have to be a bit careful.

The suburbs of KL seemed immense and all the same to me. A very high quality of life it seemed with those detached houses.

·
124,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Part 5 : It's quite an adventure to get a ticket to the Petronas Towers' Skybridge. Get there early, line up in the basement, and hope for the best. I got there just before 9am when the ticket distribution begins, only to find the line had snaked around a few times. By the time my turn came up, I had to come back around 2pm for the tour. I expected it wouldn't be an easy trip so budgeted the rest of my day around it.

I would be by the pool later to get some good shots of the entire length of the two buildings.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts