Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
125,389 Posts
Welcome to Vietnam

Hanoi's Old Quarter is a congested, lively, and bustling series of many streets. Some streets continue to hold names of specific trades that once domminated the area, although the stores may not adhere to the naming convention anymore. Nevertheless, this is a great place to see how time stood still.

St. Joseph Cathedral opened in 1886 and looks a bit out of place in Vietnam, like the Opera House.

The area's streets are quite narrow, so riding a motorcycle seems sensible. For pedestrians, weaving through the traffic is quite a stressful experience.

The full set : http://www.globalphotos.org/hanoi.htm

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
great pics. I would like to visit Vietnam and it may be a cleaner, greener version of thailand, a country I really like, but all my friends say that Vietnamese cities are literally teeming with rats, and to be honest I'm a bit musophobic (of rats not mice which are really cute), so I can't bring myself to travel there.

·
125,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Temple of Literature consists of a temple first built in 1070 to worship Confucius and a school established in 1076 to teach his doctrines. This ancient university has been restored and now welcomes large crowds of tourists.

What a rightful place to take a graduation picture - at the ancient university. Today's historic site is laid out in a series of 4 courtyards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts