Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
11,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me like there are projects which do not have licenses to sell yet, but they already have full page ads in papers, flyers being distributed in malls, etc. I guess the lack of a license to sell from HLURB is the reason why there's a note in marketing materials saying "For announcement purposes only".

·
london/manila
547 Posts
now that is the question. unfortunately i already gav the reservation for my unit before this issue came up. i trust naman the developer and sort of accepted their explanation about red tape in the phil, and the fact that other bigger developers pushed through with projects with no permit yet initially. but in light of the tore venezia fiasco, one can't help wondering... anybody else out there who are paying monthly for projects with no hulrb yet? what r ur thoughts about it? any sleepless nights this soon?

·
The OC
2,903 Posts
Very good thread @thomasian! :eek:kay: Please allow me to directly quote your post in the Torre Venezia thread:

Here's what I found from the www.gov.ph forum...

Torre Venezia Project Exposé • (5493 bytes)
Posted: 5/13/2007 • 09:54 GMT+8

By: annabelleg
quezon, Philippines
May 13, 2007

I am Annabelle Guevarra-Gonong and I am a dermatologist currently practicing here in Quezon City. I took the liberty of writing to you to seek your help in informing the public regarding a transaction that my husband and I made with a realty development company 24 K Construction and Development Corporation (with Mr. Rodolfo Guinhawa as CEO) regarding their project Torre Venezia. It is a commercial/residential building located at N0. 62 Timog Ave. cor. Scout Santiago St., Quezon City.

Last November 2005, my husband and I availed 2 commercial units and a parking space from the aforementioned project under a 30% down payment five years payment scheme. We were assured that the commercial area will be operational by June 2006 and upon payment of the 30% down we can immediately start our set up. These two adjacent units were intended to be my clinic since I am just renting the space where my clinic is right now. We paid the 30% down payment amounting to P 2,840,136.00 and immediately proceeded with our set up for the clinic and spent more or less two million pesos. We finished just in time for our intended date of transfer which is June 2006. This was also the time for us to start paying our monthly amortization. However, this date came and we realized that we can not transfer yet since the commercial area was not yet finished.

My husband wrote to the developer Mr. Rodolfo Guinhawa and told him that it was unlikely that we would be able to utilize the units as a clinic since construction works were still being undertaken on the residential units and it would be hazardous for our patients to come to the units. There were still no water and electricity, the parking spaces were not still available, and there were a lot of construction materials and debris at the ground floor. My husband then asked for a moratorium on the monthly amortization since the developer and his representative agent were not able to make good on their promise that we could utilize the units by June 2006. Because we were not able to transfer my husband and I became very disappointed and decided to give them time to finish the project. We patiently waited for several months but we noticed that the phase of the construction was slowing down. By that time we were wondering if there was a problem with the project and this is what prompted my husband to go to the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board (HLURB) last February 20, 2007.

Inquiring from the HLURB, my husband found out the following violations of the developer regarding the Torre Venezia project:

1. It has no Certificate of Registration and License to Sell.

2. It has a Cease and Desist Order as early as October 17, 2005 from selling units and collecting monthly amortization from the buyers.

3. The property over which Torre Venezia is being built was mortgaged to Young Builders Corporation since 1997 up to the present time.

In addition to the above violations, my husband also found out that the building permit issued by the Office of the Mayor, Quezon City only approved for 23 floors but the developer added four more floors for which he hasn’t secured an approval yet. This puts in question the structural integrity of the building.

When I was informed by my husband about what he found out, I was shocked and distressed. It appeared that we were duped by the developer and had thrown away our hard earned money. On February 21, 2007, my husband met with the developer Mr. Rodolfo Guinhawa. My husband told him that he misrepresented important facts about the project when they dealt with us. He told him that he should return the money that we paid including the amount we spent in renovating the two units. On his part, Mr. Guinhawa himself admitted existence of the above problems and that he was doing his best effort to fix it and would exert their best efforts to sell the units that we bought. This was not acceptable to me and my husband.

Last March 12 and 15, 2007, since there was no formal commitment on his (Mr. Guinhawa) part, we filed a case of “Violation of the Building Code – PD 957” and “Estafa”. During the preliminary hearing last May 9, 2007 for the crime of estafa, Mr. Guinhawa did not show up. Instead, he sent a representative asking for 10 days extension to file a counter affidavit. We all know that our legal fight can be protracted considering the number of cases our courts (judicial system) handle and the delaying tactics and legal maneuvering the developer may employ. Meanwhile 24K Construction and Development Corporation continues to advertise, sell, and collect payments from unknowing buyers risking their hard earned money. To date, most of the buyers if not all are not aware of their predicament. My husband and I feel that the problems of Torre Venezia should also be disclosed to them. With your help, we believe that we could notify the public and avoid unfortunate events to happen again to unsuspecting buyers.

Thank you very much for your kind attention.
Can you place a sticky on this thread?

·
Registered
380 Posts
My goodness..we have a property in one of their buildings in tomas morato ...Lansburgh building...and I fought that Guinhawa dahil bumagsak yung panaflex signage nya sa kotse ko....sira ulo pala yan..I will spread the word around about this project...grabe....all complaints should be forwarded to this thread in all projects...

·
london/manila
547 Posts
smoking, don't think too much... look what u've become!! LOL!!:lol:

·
london/manila
547 Posts
ha ha ha!! type mo yatang pabagsakin bigla ang business ni belo... :lol: pa'no na yung customers na nag-aavail ng belo job? :bash: :banana: :nuts:

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Am not sure if communidades, BTO,BYO is covered by License to sell. You can ask Gibson if their condo's have license to sell.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Am not sure if communidades, BTO,BYO is covered by License to sell. You can ask Gibson if their condo's have license to sell.
All Build-To-Own (BTO) projects have no license to sell. HLURB does not require them to have one.

Same with BYO (Build-Your- Own). However, the BYO president (Sorry, forgot his name) claimed that they applied for a License To Sell, even if it is not required from them.

No idea about communidades.

·
11,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You could check "license to sell" of a property developer from HLURB website, right?
Yes, but the latest lists of projects issued with a license to sell are not yet there. January pa yata ang pinaka-latest sa website nila.

·
london/manila
547 Posts
it looks like we r happy & confident our developers will deliver their projects. i'll take it as a good & healthy sign then he he.. :cheers: till the next torre venezia? wag naman sana... :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
sino developer mo jr? baka naman pinsan ni guinhawa yan? kaya pala ginhawa ang pilyido nyan..lahat daw ng buyers eh ang last name nila eh "Kabado"

·
london/manila
547 Posts
@smoking wag mo naman ako pakabahin. maganda din 'alan ng developer ko: goldland. :lol:

·
The OC
2,903 Posts
Yes, but the latest lists of projects issued with a license to sell are not yet there. January pa yata ang pinaka-latest sa website nila.
Then let us volunteer to post the latest list in behalf of HLURB na lang di ba? Public service ng SSC Philippines. We can move this thread to the u/c thread and title it "HLURB Masterlist of Projects Issued with License to Sell". Agree? :eek:kay:

Here is the masterlist:

http://www3.hlurb.gov.ph/documents/ProjectsENCRJanJune2004.htm
http://www3.hlurb.gov.ph/documents/ProjectsENCRJulDec2004.htm
http://www3.hlurb.gov.ph/documents/ProjectsENCRJanDec2005.htm
http://www3.hlurb.gov.ph/documents/ProjectsENCRJanDec2006.htm

·
The OC
2,903 Posts
All Build-To-Own (BTO) projects have no license to sell. HLURB does not require them to have one.

Same with BYO (Build-Your- Own). However, the BYO president (Sorry, forgot his name) claimed that they applied for a License To Sell, even if it is not required from them.

No idea about communidades.
I think co-development projects of Century like SoMA and GSM also don't need an LTS which is why you don't see them in the HLURB Masterlist.

·
Banned
48 Posts
Then let us volunteer to post the latest list in behalf of HLURB na lang di ba? Public service ng SSC Philippines. We can move this thread to the u/c thread and title it "HLURB Masterlist of Projects Issued with License to Sell". Agree? :eek:kay:

Here is the masterlist:

http://www3.hlurb.gov.ph/documents/ProjectsENCRJanJune2004.htm
http://www3.hlurb.gov.ph/documents/ProjectsENCRJulDec2004.htm
http://www3.hlurb.gov.ph/documents/ProjectsENCRJanDec2005.htm
http://www3.hlurb.gov.ph/documents/ProjectsENCRJanDec2006.htm

Thanks.

Where is the license to sell for Century City??

1 - 20 of 76 Posts