21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
16,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
From this past weekend

502-510 Madison St, by Fields Construction, and another project next to it that I can find no info on, 512 Madison St.

706-708 Madison St - might just be staging lot for 704 Madison

And behind it, 713-715 Monroe St

1410 Grand St

1420 Willow Ave

1101 Grand St

718-720 Jefferson St

407 Jefferson St

Other completed Jefferson St projects

133 Monroe St

113 Monroe and 109-111 Monroe St

70 Monroe St

75 Monroe St

Hanoben

Southwest Park

14 Paterson Ave - looks like the final product doesn't have the overhanging roof

Rendering via Minervini Vandermark

100-108 Paterson Ave

Phase 2 of Marshall Terrace

·
Let's Revive our Cities
2,556 Posts
14 Paterson Avenue looks like shit compared with the render. They also added that wall along the balconies which ruined the effect and the window frames are far thicker.

·
Let's Revive our Cities
2,556 Posts
Hoboken Hilton

A 20 story Hilton Hotel will be built on the back of the old waterfront Post Office.
It will have 238 rooms and a 6000 square foot rooftop events space. The project was approved unanimously, although some councilmembers balked about the height. With some quality materials, this could become a masterpiece on the waterfront.
https://jerseydigs.com/hoboken-hilton-post-office-redevelopment-plan/

·
Let's Revive our Cities
2,556 Posts
Hoboken Developments April 26th

Future site of that Hilton

301 Newark Street

86-92 Jefferson Street

109-111 and 113 Monroe

Somewhere on 100 or 200 block of Jackson Street

·
Registered
192 Posts
Does anyone know why there aren't any studio or one bedroom condos being built in Hoboken? It seems like they're mostly 3 & 4 bedroom spaces. Is this because of the city's zoning or because that's where developers think the strength of the current market is? Is the city trying to morph into a family-oriented place for very wealthy families?

btw - looks like Toll Brothers' next building at 1450 Hudson Street has started test piling. It will have 99 condo units when completed (and is being built on the last large undeveloped parcel on that end of Hudson Street).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does anyone know why there aren't any studio or one bedroom condos being built in Hoboken? It seems like they're mostly 3 & 4 bedroom spaces. Is this because of the city's zoning or because that's where developers think the strength of the current market is? Is the city trying to morph into a family-oriented place for very wealthy families?

btw - looks like Toll Brothers' next building at 1450 Hudson Street has started test piling. It will have 99 condo units when completed (and is being built on the last large undeveloped parcel on that end of Hudson Street).
It's the city. They are encouraging the megaduplexes, as we call them. Where they used to build four 2 bedroom homes in a 4 story rowhouse, the zoning (or lack of granting variances) is forcing two huge duplexes. Developers know that's what will easily get approved so that is what they are building.

I'm not sure what the city's objective is. They are trying to limit density, but in doing so are increasing the home sizes. While the newer buildings may have less households the households are likely going to have more kids. I hope their objective in "lower density" housing isn't to not over burden the schools :/

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
A few updates from a week and a half ago

718 (background) and 722 Jefferson St

726 Grand St

Wonderbread Lofts

715 Adams St

713-715 Monroe St

704 and 706-708 Madison

Monroe Center

Between Jackson and Monroe, on 7th

600 Harrison (in the distance)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hoboken Mayoral Hopeful Calls for New Station on Gateway

This is the first time I've read of a politician pushing for a station on a new trans-hudson line at the northern end of Hoboken. Whoever gets elected, hopefully this idea comes to fruition (obviously now is the time to act since the project is still in the design stage).

Side note: I'm still wishing they'd run Gateway to the current bus terminal or somewhere near Times Square since we already have tunnels running to Penn Station...but I think another station in Hoboken (and one in Union City?) is a no-brainer for a once-in-a-century project.

http://hudsoncountyview.com/hoboken-mayoral-hopeful-bhalla-calls-for-new-bus-route-train-station/

·
Registered
49 Posts
^^^Agreed on all counts. Insane that North Hudson has Brooklyn-level densities, but no rail access to Manhattan.

Obviously Hoboken's mayor can't do anything to make this happen, but I hope that this call will get the attention of someone in state government who can.

·
16,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
This is the first time I've read of a politician pushing for a station on a new trans-hudson line at the northern end of Hoboken. Whoever gets elected, hopefully this idea comes to fruition (obviously now is the time to act since the project is still in the design stage).

Side note: I'm still wishing they'd run Gateway to the current bus terminal or somewhere near Times Square since we already have tunnels running to Penn Station...but I think another station in Hoboken (and one in Union City?) is a no-brainer for a once-in-a-century project.

http://hudsoncountyview.com/hoboken-mayoral-hopeful-bhalla-calls-for-new-bus-route-train-station/
The Old ARC plan was to run to Grand Central..I wish they would reactivate that proposal..

·
Registered
192 Posts
Soil Testing at Hilton Site

^^Grand Central would've been a great terminus. I guess politics got in the way unfortunately.

So I noticed earlier in the week that the entire area around the post office had been marked up for underground utilities, and today a drill showed up for soil testing. Looks like the Hilton might be moving forward.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Washington Street Revamp Begins

Work has started on the Washington Street streetscape improvements project which will narrow the street at intersections by extending sidewalks on each side about 10' toward the center. A few intersections have been completed already, and it's looking really good IMO...makes crossing the street safer by controlling traffic and allows more room for pedestrians accumulating at the intersections while waiting to cross. A really smart move (and long overdue). Much needed infrastructure work is also part of the project.

You can read more about the project here: http://www.washingtonstreetproject.com/

21 - 40 of 45 Posts