Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cant find any info on this one... It cant be more than 5 floors in the end. But here is hoping its more. and if they can rave about a four floor dev in Uhuruland, I can rave about my little sandton hotel here.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I cant find any info on this one... It cant be more than 5 floors in the end. But here is hoping its more. and if they can rave about a four floor dev in Uhuruland, I can rave about my little sandton hotel here.
I bet its going to be more than 5 floors, all signs are that everyone is building for 2010 and beyond. If 2010 is successful, the occupancy levels even for Joburg hotels will rise. This is a hotel next to the Gautrain too so they have to take advantage of this. Also they don't have the luxury of space so they have got to go higher. A 5 floor will be too small.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Inertia; said:
I'm thinking no more than 10 floors. Anything above that would of caused even a slight media interest methinks
But look at the Seers, no body is writing about it. The SA media is only interested in the Gautrain and FIFA WC 2010 projects. Those have more controversy and are more appealing in terms of readership.

·
23,153 Posts
the fact that the board says "danie strydom architects" i really dont feel its going to be a very tall hotel.

the supporting columns also dont look very large. i cant see this being more than 10. i actually feel it looks more like 5-10 than greater.

wonder why there is no render up?

·
23,153 Posts
here is the info for teh architect...somehow doesnt inspire great height...

Danie Strydom Architects

Address P.O Box 1995, Springs 1560
Telephone +27- 11 -816-2170
Fax +27- 11 -816-1603
E-mail n/a
Web n/a

·
23,153 Posts
i'd say it will have more rooms than 100, prob 150-200, but definately aimed at 3 star market

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
I passed from F1 Roadshow and the hotel was on its 5th floor and going.

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
for the record. i hate photobucket. they always seem to be doing maintenance. any other sites you guys can think of?

1 - 20 of 99 Posts