SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The museum is currently closed for works on the new exhibition.
opening July 5th - October 20th:
Showcase exhibition of Japanese designer Yohji Yamamoto

זו הפעם הראשונה שהמעצב הנודע יוז'י ימאמוטו משתף פעולה עם מוזיאון ישראלי, ויציג בו תערוכת יחיד של עבודותיו.
ימאמוטו (Yohji Yamamoto) הינו אחד ממעצבי האופנה החשובים והמשפיעים ביותר בעולם, אשר במשך יותר משלושה עשורים מוביל
ומאתגר את עולם האופנה בסגנונו האוונגרדי, שאינו מושפע מטרנדים חולפים. השנה מציין בית האופנה ימאמוטו 40 שנות פעילות.

Design Museum Holon is proud to announce an exhibition by visionary designer Yohji Yamamoto.
Maestro of avant-garde fashion, Yohji Yamamoto remains one of the world's most influential and enigmatic designers
and over the last forty years has made a vital contribution to fashion, challenging traditional norms of clothing with his style.
The exhibition at Design Museum Holon is particularly meaningful as it coincides with the 60th anniversary of the Japan-Israel
relationship and the 40th anniversary of Yamamoto's company, Y's.

The exhibition will curate over 80 Yohji Yamamoto's signature women and menswear silhouettes, exploring discussions
between people, places, clothing and design. The expressive installation, designed by Masao Nihei, will cleverly bring together
all the various indoor and outdoor spaces of the museum, including the two major galleries, lab space, garden and public areas.
The flow of objects through the private and public arenas will create a continuous stream of inspiration, inviting visitors to
experience a journey of emotions, memories and design.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the museums are modest in comparison to similar museums abroad
the city built two museums the childrens museum and design museum.
I think both are excellent and had a big part in redefining the city.
The cartoons museum just recycled an empty space in a public office building.
I really dont think they are a waste.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think its a good addition
could be bigger I think x2 its size so it can have a permanent exhibition of Israeli design as well

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
19.3.13 - 4.5.13

New exhibition - Lea Gottlieb and Gottex swimwear

"Lady of the Daisies - A Tribute to Lea Gottlieb" - An original exhibition dedicated to Lea Gottlieb,
founder of Gottex and one of the pillars of Israeli fashion, who pioneered Israeli fashion throughout
the world and changed the face of the traditional swimwear industry.

Design Week Holon
27/3-28/3/13
Concurrently with the exhibition at the Museum, the Museum courtyard will be devoted to an active
design experience for the general public, exhibitions will be showing in the city's galleries.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts