Votes: 19 79.2%
  • walmart

Votes: 5 20.8%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which is the lesser of the two evils,walmart or homedepot.....

·
Registered
232 Posts
Atleast Home Depot pays a little more than Walmart. :) like $7.50/hr. Don't laugh, you can buy a lot with 7.50 like a hamburger and a drink for example.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would say Home Depot since there's not too many small lumber businesses -- so Home Depot should not have a big affect on small businesses as much as Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they're might not be many lumber stores but what about,gardening stores--appliance stores--paint stores and alike...i dislike home depot more because they're stores are pretty ugly with that orange paint while walmart atleast has blue paint.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
home depot... theres alot less of em... they pay better, and they seem to be a little more receptive to placing themselves into neighborhoods better than walmart is...

and they are a little less detrimental to local area businesses... although they still put alotta people outta business... not quite as many as a walmart does

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
yea because of wal-mart, alot of USA manufacturers are going out of business alot of american people are losing their jobs and the jobs are going to China, for example, Rubbermaid products were made in USA after Wal-Mart started demanding a lower price, Rubbermaid was forced to file bankruptcy and now Rubbermaid products are made in China and alot of clothing that was sold at Wal-Mart was made in USA and now it's made in China because Wal-Mart was demanding a lower price.

The sad part is that no one could stop them.

Wal-Mart is killing the USA economy.

·
SSLL
8,354 Posts
Wal-Mart. Home Depot might be (or might not be) buying B&Q here in the UK. It's crazy how similar they are. They even have orange as their color, and orange aprons. It's like they copied them or something.

·
Savior of Gondor
1,505 Posts
Walmart is far worse, I wont even set foot in that store. Their business plan is to destroy small town businesses making themselves the only place to shop. And Mad hatter walmart has a garden center as well, and supermarkets. Dont doubt that walmart wont try to move into any area it thinks it can take away from others. This company has no soul, nothing is below them. Yes, their employees get foodstamps and the like, and they work which is pathetic. I choose to spend my money elsewhere, wish most would.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its interesting how in Spain you could have 'El Corte Ingles,' where you could buy EVERYTHING, and yet you stick in a supermarket, clothing store, bookstore, etc, next to it, and it'll prosper. A lot has to do with the mentality of this country, which in part, developers and smaller stores have a percentage of the blame. Especially in Miami, Wal-mart is a 'one stop' solution to alot of things. (along with Home Depot). If I need to buy 10 completely different items, and one store is going to have it all, why wouldn't I go there. Unfortunately, our smaller retail stores don't necessarily have neighboring stores that compliment eachother's product. And since we here in Miami drive everywhere and in traffic most of the time (especially in the Suburbs on the weekends... ex: Kendall Drive) we tend to see it as a convenience. The lack of streetscape cities and towns makes these types of companies grow and prosper, and it will continue to do so. Lets not forget that most Wal-mart are open 24hours. Funny how you don't see everyone in the middle of Manhattan rushing to Wal-mart every weekend.

·
Registered
8,783 Posts
Everyone :) , their both Bad :bash: , lol, I rather go to Lowes, and Super Target, and for pets, Petsmart is still the Best, and for Food , Publix of course, Whole foods Market would be my second choice. :cheers:

P.S. but I did vote for The Home Depot, But keep it out of the Grove, lol. :)

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Publix is just another monopolizing big box supermarket....
how many publix in brickell area and around it?

i wish we had more competition in supermarkets i shop around these days

i go to a meat wholesaler in hialeah for my beef i spend 50-75 dollars for a whole months worth of beef, chicken, pork... if i where to buy a weeks worth of beef in publix it would be around 75-80 dollars easy....

i go to walmart for my cereal,milk, bread, can goods....

i go to sedanos for my vegetables, cuban bread and crackers bustelo cafe and seasonings..

i go to homedepot for my cleaning supplies you get a better deal then walmart on these things.

i go to costco for paper towels, toilet paper, razors, tooth paste, coldcutts, olive oil and pasta.

and where do i live?

in brickell

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i think theres three around the brickell area alone...

basically its publix and winn dixie in miami, except in the largely hispanic areas where theres a sedanos or two, and mayb one or two other hispanic ones

and winn dixie is gettin its ass kikd... publix also took over the few albertson's stores there were a few years ago... theyre monopolizing the supermarket market (haha, i pulled a funny, get it... supermarket market, harty har har, i slay myself)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
wow rx, u must drive an hour to go to some of these stores?

wheres there a costco close to brickell i only know about the one in west kendall

·
Registered
8,783 Posts
MIAballinboi said:
wow rx, u must drive an hour to go to some of these stores?

wheres there a costco close to brickell i only know about the one in west kendall
MIAballinboi :) , There's a Costco behind the Flagler Plaza Shops on 82nd Avenue and Flagler St. behind the Midway Ford. :cheers:

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
theres a costco in aventura on biscayne blvd and another in miami lakes off the palmetto

super walmart is in miami lakes on 57th and 183 street and sedanos is a few blocks away on 67th and 183 street

1 - 20 of 40 Posts