SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
122,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some photos from Victoria Harbour ... but not the typical Star Ferry between Central and Kowloon. Instead, this is a ferry service from North Point to Kowloon City in the eastern part of the harbour. Tourists rarely use this service. In fact, the number of ferries running in this part of the harbour has decreased over the past few decades as people switched to cars and transit using the tunnels under the harbour.

1. Harbourfront Landmark is clearly visible from the North Point ferry terminal.

2. Many traditional boats frequent the area. In fact, some drop off their fresh seafood in the previous night's catch and vendors sell them right at the pier.

3. East Kowloon is visible in the background.

10. Departing North Point

11. A hazy day in Hong Kong

12. The rest of the Kowloon skyline

14. The eastern end of Victoria Harbour

19. Near the old Kai Tak site

21. More boats

22. The East Kowloon skyline has changed since these photos were taken. There are now several big skyscrapers in the area.

23. Enterprise III under construction

24. A new bus in an old district at the Kowloon pier.

·
天豆
9,950 Posts
I must say.. the multi coloured building here is one of the strangest I have ever seen. I've walked by the base many times.

Thanks for posting. I felt as if I was really there.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Skybean said:
I must say.. the multi coloured building here is one of the strangest I have ever seen. I've walked by the base many times.

Thanks for posting. I felt as if I was really there.
There is one in Kowloon looks like the twin of Hotel ibis.

·
122,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nick in Atlanta said:
What is going on with the small mountain in the back of this photo? It looks like it is being dug or scraped. It doesn't look like natural erosion.
It's a quarry. I'm not sure whether it's still open, but it'll take quite a while for the vegetation to grow back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts