SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

^^ Kap Shui Mun bridge, linking Ma Wan to Lantau Island (where the Disneyland, Big Buddha and the Hong Kong International Airport is).

^^ Ting Kau Bridge

^^ Tsing Ma Bridge and Ting Kau Bridge

^^ Tsing Ma Bridge, linking Tsing Yi and Ma Wan, hence the name Tsing Ma. Once the world's longest suspension bridge with both road and rail traffic.

All photos shot by myself!! Enjoy!!!

·
Action
599 Posts
The Ting Kau is interesting to me that they would, im assuming, built that artificial island in the middle of the waterway for the support tower. Why not just make a larger suspension span that wouldn't require blocking out the middle of the waterway. That strait of water is not that wide that a single span is unreasonable. curious

·
Registered
13 Posts
actually i didnt understand what are cables on midle bridge using for?
it likes to withstand another forces or something?
Maybe the design are exceed its need.
anyone can help me...to explain it

·
I♥H.K.
454 Posts
So in order to go from HKG to Kowloon you cross 3 bridges?!?! I went there recently and I only remember 2 bridges, but that was at night so...

·
POUND THE ALARM!!!
397 Posts
We should post more pictures of the viaducts in Hong Kong!!!

·
122,439 Posts
配合金融中心風格 增色彩添花槽
中區天橋後年換新裝

22/06/2006

【專案組記者吳倩婷報道】中區是香港的金融及旅遊區,名副其實是「心臟地帶」,但該區部分行人天橋及行人隧道等過路設施,因為日久失修而顯得相當殘舊,與周圍玻璃幕牆的新式高樓大廈相比顯得格格不入。為使有關過路設施的外觀可配合中區環境,路政署近年推出「中區行人天橋及隧道翻新計劃」,所有工程可望在後年完工。

凹凸磚方便殘障者
路政署官員表示,○二年已聘請顧問公司就革新中區及灣仔的建築物做研究,去年亦完成翻新近國際金融中心一段中環高架行人路,而今次的翻新計劃主要是針對商業中心及旅遊區內的原有建築物。

由於有關的行人天橋及隧道已使用了一段頗長時間,除外觀殘舊,部分照明系統亦不足,令到地方昏暗,而且欠缺殘障人士使用的設施,故翻新工程有針對性改善有關問題,例如將行人天橋上的天花光管系統換成燈槽加強照明,同時在地面鋪上凹凸磚,使這些道路設施符合現今「無障礙通道」的要求,方便殘障人士使用。

至於美化外觀方面,鑑於上述道路設施多以真面目「石屎」示人,顏色特別灰暗。所以路政署計劃從顏色方面手,例如是在隧道的天花、橋身及橋墩髹上新顏色,部分更會增置花槽栽種植物,美化建築物之餘更可綠化區內環境,有關工程預計會在本年底展開。

·
天豆
9,950 Posts
Route 8 Under Construction

Route 8 of Hong Kong is a 2.2 km 3-lane carriageway dual 3-lane highway under construction which will link Lantau Island, Tsing Yi Island, Cheung Sha Wan in West Kowloon, and Sha Tin in the Northeast New Territories of Hong Kong.

1 - 20 of 341 Posts