SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1962 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
whew hooo! very neat.

you won't see those in America. We have double length "bendy" buses that bend in the middle. I'm curious is there such a thing as a double decker double length bendy buses?

:runaway:

·
105,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have never seen an articulated double-decker bus before. The longest double decker in Hong Kong should be 12 m long.

Here is an older bus dressed up in many colors :

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Don't think HK has articulated buses right...or even single storey buses...
Where do mini buses come into the picture in the public transportation scene in HK? But the way I like these new buses...they all look so new...all recently purchased? all wheelchair accessible too, and they even have those dottish boards displaying the service number at the front of the bus...

Off topic but...why do I often see HK apartment buildings' facades covered with bamboo wooden poles almost all the time? I see it everywhere almost everytime...in HK serials to movies to pictures...and they don't appear to be painted (brown and grey does not equal painted)

·
Your Majesty
5 Posts
ignoramus said:
Don't think HK has articulated buses right...or even single storey buses...
Where do mini buses come into the picture in the public transportation scene in HK? But the way I like these new buses...they all look so new...all recently purchased? all wheelchair accessible too, and they even have those dottish boards displaying the service number at the front of the bus...

Off topic but...why do I often see HK apartment buildings' facades covered with bamboo wooden poles almost all the time? I see it everywhere almost everytime...in HK serials to movies to pictures...and they don't appear to be painted (brown and grey does not equal painted)

You sure it's not scaffolding? I hear they use bamboo poles as scaffolding in some Asian countries

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Your Majesty said:
You sure it's not scaffolding? I hear they use bamboo poles as scaffolding in some Asian countries
They do...except that in these pictures the buildings don't appear to be under construction...are they there to maintain the stability of the exterior walls or these buildings or something? after all what i heard from a friend is that behind the awesome skyscrapers of central there's a really really old side to it...crumbling buildings...wonder if its true...no offence though...

·
105,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can't find a photo of the Qoo bus, but I know they exist out there. I'll keep my eyes open.

There are single-decker buses in Hong Kong, but they are outnumbered by their double-decker counterparts. I see them more often on Hong Kong Island travelling to the less dense hillsides than on the Kowloon side.

Minibuses are alternatives to the bus system. Some don't have routine stops while others do. They are a quick way to get from one end of town to another. Part of the uniqueness of the Hong Kong public transit system is the large amount of choice and competition among operators.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
The only photographs of single deck buses in Hong Kong which I have seen so far are those of the Airport Express Shuttle Bus... Any pictures of the other types of single deck buses?

There's this popular Cantonese Hong Kong serial ''Kindred Spirit''. As with almost every other Hong Kong show, they usually only feature the mini buses in the show... They don't even feature the basic bus service or the MTR... It makes one wonder whether anyone even uses the normal bus service or not...

Do the mini buses serve all areas where the buses go or just those narrow and hilly roads where the big buses cannot go...

·
105,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Hong Kong's first Iveco Daily Green Diesel Minibus will start to serve the public in the Lunar New Year (2004)on Kowloon "Green Mini Bus" (GMB) Route no.6 which is operated by Chit Fai Motors.

Single Decker Buses

Sources include :
http://www.omb-extra.fsnet.co.uk/

1 - 20 of 1962 Posts