SkyscraperCity banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
YIMBY Enthusiast
162 Posts
Well the cladding hasn't been entirely finished ... though I do hope it'll look more like the renders. Private housing in Hong Kong is starting to get better-looking exteriors, so I hope this doesn't buck the trend. At least we can look forward to the construction of the main 200m+ tower soon.

From my observation on the construction of apartment towers in Hong Kong, a lot of the times there is a "base" cladding without glass, and perhaps the final cladding, which looks much better IMO in the render, will be added.

Edit: If it does turn out like above I'd be severely surprised (and disappointed), considering tons of HK apartments look better and that this is one of HK's highest profile projects going on right now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Government built public housing estates need to up their game to match those privately developed. This and LOHAS park make public estates look like they were built in the 80s.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,238 Posts
Why is this thread U/C, is the actual skyscraper under construction? Looks like only side towers finishing up to me

Reactions: Zaz965

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,238 Posts
This thread covers the entire redevelopment, not just the core tallest skyscraper, as noted in the title.
As the shorter buildings are not over 200m, i would suggest renaming the thread to

HONG KONG | Kwun Tong Town Centre Project | 280m | Pro | 170-140m x 4 | U/C

or App or maybe Prep? Whatever the taste of the main building is. Otherwise the title is misleading as it appears to state all buildings listed are U/C. It also belongs into the proposed skyscraper section.

161 - 179 of 179 Posts