SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
心在臺灣
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Part two of my HK pictures, here is part one:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=338936&page=1

New Towns are HK suburbs, no tourists go there and there is not many photos of these area in SSC. During my last trip I finally got a chance to get there. Here is what I saw.

By the way, New Towns are easily accesible by MTR or KCR.

Lets start with Tseung Kwan O

·
EOS 40D
2,108 Posts
Tseung Kwan O and Shatin are among the more pleasant HK suburbs. Tuen Mun, Fanling and Tai Po feel a little older, and if you want some urban grit, you can try Yuen Long, Sheung Shui, etc.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Wow, you must really went out residential skyscrapers shopping! BTW, how far away is Tseung Kwan from HK?

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
It's scary. How many floor do these buildings have?

What would be the average price of a two bedroom appartment in dollars in one of these buildings?

·
17,477 Posts
ChicagoSkyline said:
Wow, you must really went out residential skyscrapers shopping! BTW, how far away is Tseung Kwan from HK?
If you're talking about HK Island, it's a litle far from lets say, Central. It takes you around 20-30 mins on The MTR.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Tseung Kwan O is in Hong Kong. It's located on a bay on the eastern Kowloon side, largely built on reclaimed land. From Central, it is about 10-15 stations away (since there are 4 MTR stations in the district).

·
17,477 Posts
new bulgaria said:
It's scary. How many floor do these buildings have?

What would be the average price of a two bedroom appartment in dollars in one of these buildings?
Most of the average buildings in TKO are around 40-50 stories with some going up to 60.

As for the price, some of these buildings are expensive sometimes even more expensive than a two storie house in Seattle. The public housing block would be cheaper though.

·
122,326 Posts
Private estates in the older part of Tseung Kwan O sell for about HK$3000+ per square foot or about US$350k for a 1000 square foot unit. There are a number of ocean-view estates as well. Those sell for about HK$4000+ per square foot or about US$500k for a 1000 square foot unit.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
hkskyline said:
Private estates in the older part of Tseung Kwan O sell for about HK$3000+ per square foot or about US$350k for a 1000 square foot unit. There are a number of ocean-view estates as well. Those sell for about HK$4000+ per square foot or about US$500k for a 1000 square foot unit.
It sounds about the price or slightly cheaper than what you would pay in NYC. But the market rallied here incredibly in the last 5 years.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
hkskyline said:
Thanks for the Tseung Kwan geographical lesson guys!
So what kind of resident are these residential skyscrapers targeted for?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
If only I was able to afford living in the Mid Levels... :D

Tseung Kwan O is just like a new city within an existing city. The entire district isn't exactly aimed at any particular kind of residents.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
AG said:

Tseung Kwan O is just like a new city within an existing city. The entire district isn't exactly aimed at any particular kind of residents.
LOL, Oh, figuring that they building all these residential skyscrapers gotta have some sort of demand from certain residents.

·
17,477 Posts
AG said:

TKO doesn't have a particular target but the majority of the residents are either middle or lower middle class.

And there are several New Towns in HK not just TKO. TKO happens to be one of the newest.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
What makes TKO different from other new towns in HK is that there is NO TOWN CENTER yet! :eek2: Many people in HK thought Po Lam Estate or King Lam Estate were the Town Center of TKO, which is actually wrong. The REAL Town Center in TKO is around the area of the TKO MTR Station. :|

·
God of Cassanovas
79 Posts
Hahay! Ibog ko! I Like it very much... I hope nobody jumps from high rise building like that. Ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.ha..

1 - 20 of 136 Posts