SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Unregistered User
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15,000 seater outdoor stadium for the beach volleyball competition at the London 2012 Olympics. There will also be two warm-up beach courts will also be created, along with six training courts in St James's Park.

Pics from Populous.com

Pics from JasonHawkes.com

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,971 Posts
Looking great. I paid £75 for tickets to this mostly to see it in use !

·
Registered
28 Posts
This has an amazingly fast build time considering how big it is. Have they considered using this design for other events in the future as having a pop-up stadium would be pretty great.

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
This has an amazingly fast build time considering how big it is. Have they considered using this design for other events in the future as having a pop-up stadium would be pretty great.
Oh yeah, those are the temporary stadia. Most of them, smaller on the AVP circuit, pop up in similar locations around the world. But they're basically of the same biuild although this one is bigger than most because it is the Olympics and they know it will sell a lot of tickets.

·
Unregistered User
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Pics from Evening Standard.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I am going to try and get some tickets for this to add to my collection. I am going to Wimbledon on the 1st, trying to get tickets for Beach Volleyball for the 2nd and then hoping for Athletics tickets for the 3rd.

I don't know why I didn't try getting any Olympics tickets in the 1st place. I am now hooked and refreshing the ticketing site regularly.

This Beach Volleyball stadia and location is too good to miss in itself. I will be in awe.

·
Registered
284 Posts
SkyScraperRaper said:
I am going to try and get some tickets for this to add to my collection. I am going to Wimbledon on the 1st, trying to get tickets for Beach Volleyball for the 2nd and then hoping for Athletics tickets for the 3rd.

I don't know why I didn't try getting any Olympics tickets in the 1st place. I am now hooked and refreshing the ticketing site regularly.

This Beach Volleyball stadia and location is too good to miss in itself. I will be in awe.
Good luck with that!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
am going on the 4th. athletics on the 3rd and 6th
Can I ask what category tickets you have for both the Beach Volleyball and athletics and where your seats are?

I am going to Wimbledon on the 1st, trying to get Beach Volleyball tickets for the 2nd, and athletics on the 3rd.

I have high hopes of getting Beach Volleyball tickets but athletics may be too hard to get.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
my bro has our tickets so not sure of the seating plan! looking 4ward tho!! he said there were quite a few tickets left.... and got my dates wrong. am doing athletics on 3rd. beach /v on sunday 5th and athletics on 7th. my bro has closing ceremony. mens 100m final, womens 100m final, swimming on rebecca adlingtons finals, the team chase cycling final and the final fri night (4 x 100? or 4x400? finals etc). he has spent his life looking at the internet!! lol

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
my bro has our tickets so not sure of the seating plan! looking 4ward tho!! he said there were quite a few tickets left.... and got my dates wrong. am doing athletics on 3rd. beach /v on sunday 5th and athletics on 7th. my bro has closing ceremony. mens 100m final, womens 100m final, swimming on rebecca adlingtons finals, the team chase cycling final and the final fri night (4 x 100? or 4x400? finals etc). he has spent his life looking at the internet!! lol

So he got all those last minute? that would take a lot of patience and a lot of money, fair play!

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,971 Posts
Well I have the details of mine. I dont know if they are any good! I think I paid to much but I really wanted them and there were no cheaper ones. So these were my most expensive tickets in the end !

Date/time: Saturday 04 August 2012 09:00-10:50
Sport: Beach Volleyball Men/Women
Session code: BV023
Venue: House Guards Palace

Price category: B
Total number of tickets: 2
Cost: £75 each

Seating Info
Block/Area: 119
Row: 19
Seat Number: 429 & 430

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Well I have the details of mine. I dont know if they are any good! I think I paid to much but I really wanted them and there were no cheaper ones. So these were my most expensive tickets in the end !

Date/time: Saturday 04 August 2012 09:00-10:50
Sport: Beach Volleyball Men/Women
Session code: BV023
Venue: House Guards Palace

Price category: B
Total number of tickets: 2
Cost: £75 each

Seating Info
Block/Area: 119
Row: 19
Seat Number: 429 & 430
Incase you don't know....Your on the lower tier, obviously 19 rows back from the sand. This seat is on the corner of the lower side of the arena.

Should get some nice views of the cheerleaders and Beach Volleyballer men and ladies, whichever floats your boat.

You will get a good sense of the size of the arena where you are sitting as the main stand will be right in front of you.

I got a £50 category C ticket. I actually prefer to be higher up than lower down as I will get a rooftop view of London. Just a shame I am on one of the narrow sides, looking at the court in portrait. Would have preferred to be along the side so I can look straight forward towards the London Eye.

Lets hope the weather is good otherwise we will get soaked and the ladies will be covered up.

If it's sunny then it's going to be a great day. :)

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
The Beach Volleyball stadium could not get situated any better – the works on the stadium has begun just in from of the Prime Minister apartment.

"I could hear the banging yesterday as they were putting up the temporary stadium outside my bedroom, so I was watching all that," commented David Cameron for the London Evening Standard.

Prime Minister is thrilled that the Beach Volleyball tournament is placed nearby:

"I'm not going to cut down the trees at Number 10 so I can get a better view, though there is an enormous temptation. George Osborne [Great Britain’s Chancellor of the Exchequer] has got the better view so he may let me into his flat."
http://es-es.facebook.com/notes/ten...enue-of-london-olympic/229746243729479?ref=nf

Filthy pervert.

·
Resident Ignoramus
4,080 Posts
Why does it not surprise me that these sliver-spoon Bullingdon inbreds would rather ogle pendulous bosoms rather than getting on with the rather more important job of running the country. I trust those that elevated these buffoons to their lofty positions are suitably pleased with their enabling of middle-class perversion.

·
Registered Abuser
17,047 Posts
I dislike Cameron, Osbourne and co. as much as the next guy... but I don't expect them to be 'running the country' 24/7.

I certainly don't think we're about to slip into another recession because Cameron watched from his bedroom window the Horse Guards Parade stadium being built.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Also to be fair, it is the summer recess, but I still agree with the "sliver-spoon Bullingdon inbreds" bit ;)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Why do people believe that the government runs the country lol, what is it they do all the time that you love tax, immigration, EU etc. Cameron is actually a stalwart one of our finest PM's of recent times but then again following the previous shebang was hardly difficult.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts