1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
122,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
"Hot dog" bus? Cos of the windows?
Local media started using the Chinese term recently for non-A/C buses.
The term "Hot Dog" has been around for many years amongst the bus fan terminology, but it was introduced to the public a few years ago when New World First Bus retired all its non-A/C bus with a special full body dress-up double decker.

Source: http://zh.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:[email protected]&variant=zh-hk

·
If I could be anyone...
2,551 Posts
An increasingly rare breed. Does KMB (or CB/NWFB) have plans to procure new non-AC buses, or will they be extinct in ~5-10 years?

I do wish they kept a few for nostalgia's sake, it's actually quite enjoyable to ride in one in the winter time, especially as some bus drivers seem to switch off the AC and it gets quite stuffy.

·
EiGhT 5 & tWo
4,142 Posts
An increasingly rare breed. Does KMB (or CB/NWFB) have plans to procure new non-AC buses, or will they be extinct in ~5-10 years?

I do wish they kept a few for nostalgia's sake, it's actually quite enjoyable to ride in one in the winter time, especially as some bus drivers seem to switch off the AC and it gets quite stuffy.

As far as I know, all the Non-AC buses will be phased out in 3 years. But I reckon KMB and NWFB will keep a few of them for rental purpose.

·
EiGhT 5 & tWo
4,142 Posts
熱九巴FANS斥港府唔識寶

滿載港人集體回憶的非空調巴士「熱狗巴」(熱九巴)預計明年全面退役並絕迹香港。不少巴士迷近年掀起購入退役熱狗巴作私人收藏留念,劏車場眼見需求殷切亦坐地起價。巴士迷批評巴士公司及港府未有保育熱狗巴,令該個充滿本地傳統色彩的公共交通工具成絕響,促請港府成立巴士博物館或熱狗巴旅遊專線,方便市民緬懷。

截至去年十二月底,九巴在三千八百多部巴士中,有一百三十一部為熱狗巴。九巴發言人表示,每部巴士壽命十七年,預計熱狗巴將於明年全面退役,取而代之是陸續引入較環保的歐盟五期或其他新款環保巴士。

現價每部七萬元
現時市民可透過九巴招標或劏車場購入退役巴士。數年前與友人合資四萬至五萬元購買一部於○七年退役的九巴都城嘉慕十一米巴士的巴士迷徐家豪,讀書時代經常乘坐67M路線熱狗巴由屯門居所往葵芳,自此鍾情熱狗巴,對熱狗巴快將絕迹本港感到無奈,一眾巴士迷希望港府成立巴士博物館或熱狗巴旅遊專線,讓市民留下美好回憶。

巴士迷徐家豪數年前與友人購買一架退役熱狗巴,巴士每月維修開支數千元。 (羅錦鴻攝)
巴士迷阿軒則指,約五年前一架已退役的熱狗巴市價約三、四萬元,但據知近年有劏車場眼見熱狗巴買少見少,經已調價至每部六、七萬元。

九巴發言人表示,除會保留具紀念價值的舊巴士作展覽或教育外,所有退役巴士會招標出售,該公司有保留熱狗巴以訓練車長。

康樂及文化事務署表示,現時香港歷史博物館內也設有巴士的藏品,該館並計劃舉辦一個提及六、七十年代香港交通與基建的展覽。而港府現階段則未有計劃籌建巴士博物館。

·
If I could be anyone...
2,551 Posts
集體回憶 and 保育 are such overused terms in HK nowadays, to the point of becoming cliches.

That said, things must go on, as much as I am sad about it, we cannot expect KMB to do something about it...

There are even older buses of the past that have not been preserved, otherwise, I would say the case is strong enough that some kind of a museum, maybe a HK Transportation Museum, could be established. At 10k (US) ea these old buses are surprisingly affordable, and not too expensive to main either.

Perhaps KMB can donate an example of each type and some sort of authority be established to run it. The financial impact on the benefactors, especially if the government is involved, seems minimal.

·
oh yeah
899 Posts
Great point. Take out a few those Hot Dogs out there during the winter and leave the AC buses for the summer. One will be able to save up some gas while reducing green-house emissions to HK's already-polluted environment.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts