SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right in the middle of the Greek Alps, Pindos range (actually Dynaric Alps), in the periphery of Sterea Ellada, prefecture of Evritania in that beautiful alpine landscape you are going to find the city of Evritania located 300 kms from Athens. The city of Karpenissi according to international reaserch and climatic measurements has been categorized as one of the five areas of the planet with healthiest climate.

There you are going to find a masterpiece of greek alpine architecture, the Montana Hotel and Spa. At a spitting distance from Velouchi ski center and a couple of torrential rivers ideal for rafting and kayak.

First let's see a few pictures of the location of Montana Hotel.

Karpenissi city center or downtown

Now let's peruse a little around the hotel.

·
99% Angel
689 Posts
Such beauty! I visited Karpenissi and the surrounding areas with my family when I was little but I still remember it as being very scenic and full of snow! We also had a near death experience going up the mountain with our car, it almost slid off the clifts it was so icy! I still remember that! We had to make a three point turn on the narrow and icy road because we couldn't go up any further, so the car almost slid down! Ah memories....

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had such a experience like yours when I was a kid, I was with my parents and an uncle of mine coming back from Skala Oropoy to Athens (my uncles's weekend house is there) and somewhere in the mountain road some 20 kms from the National road we had exactly something like yours. Then we went back to Skala Oropoy in order to mount the chains on the tires. The funny thing is that we got them for free because my uncle remembered the guy who installed them owed him some money from 5 years ago (not too much of course). So..... he paid off his debt with chains, good for a song title huh?

·
99% Angel
689 Posts
GrigorisSokratis said:
I had such a experience like yours when I was a kid, I was with my parents and an uncle of mine coming back from Skala Oropoy to Athens (my uncles's weekend house is there) and somewhere in the mountain road some 20 kms from the National road we had exactly something like yours. Then we went back to Skala Oropoy in order to mount the chains on the tires. The funny thing is that we got them for free because my uncle remembered the guy who installed them owed him some money from 5 years ago (not too much of course). So..... he paid off his debt with chains, good for a song title huh?
I would definitely recommend chains for anyone planning to go up there!!!! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts