Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Następny Przystanek
Generally confused
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon the thread, but is there already one for this project and if so could someone provide a link? It's the one on Princess Road between Chorlton and Withington, the frame is up now..

·
Następny Przystanek
Generally confused
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, in case not, here's the current state of play:

This is the view from the old road that used to run through the pre-fab estate which used to stand on this site many moons ago:

From Princess Road:

I will have to try and make use of this place when it opens as I'm really not fond of the existing Chorlton leisure centre...

http://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/2...ew_leisure_centre_at_hough_end_playing_fields

We are planning to build a new, high-quality leisure centre at Hough End playing fields, in south Manchester opening in spring 2015.

It's a great investment in the area despite the difficult economic times.

Existing pitches and outdoor changing rooms at Hough End will continue and we hope that they can be improved as part of a future phase of the investment.

The Chorlton and Withington centres will stay open until the new building is ready and we'll work with local people and investors on the best future for the old sites.

Where possible, we'll transfer the activities currently offered at Chorlton and Withington to the new centre and we'll add new things for local people.
http://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/2...ew_leisure_centre_at_hough_end_playing_fields

·
Następny Przystanek
Generally confused
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot all about this :)

Looking at the plans again... this is meant to replace Chorlton leisure centre but apparently it doesn't have badminton courts which Chorlton does... that's a bit lame! :(

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
It's a great leisure centre this. Very, very busy though. I thought that it's location (stuck out on the Princess Parkway in a bit of a barren landscape) might perhaps limit its occupancy somewhat, but the car park is almost full on most evening and weekends (and it's a huge car park).
I'll try and get some shots next time I'm in.
I mentioned I was at the aquatic centre yesterday, and whilst there I was talking to the new catering firm (whilst grabbing a brew - they're using the coffee brand Paddy and Scotts). I mentioned they should do something at Hough End (there's a sh*te coffee machine and a couple of overpriced 'healthy' drinks machine), but the kitchen/cafe is empty bar an unplugged kettle. He told me they were almost certain to take over the catering at Hough End once the new extensions have been built (including football facilities). Anyone have any more info on this?
From what I gather, Manchester City (via ADUG) helped pay for this, so possible they are helping with any further developments here?

Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.