SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
^^ Much better than the last design. This looks more Egyptian. The other one was generic and had too many similarities with the US Congress building.

·
22,836 Posts
I like the design, those massive roads around it are crap though. This is clearly not going to be a walk-able city. I noticed the same landscaping with most designs that have been posted here. I thought it was going to be adjacent to the Council of Ministers. This suggests that the location will be an island surrounded by roads and parking.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the design, those massive roads around it are crap though. This is clearly not going to be a walkable city. I noticed the same landscaping with most designs that have been posted here. I thought it was going to be adjacent to the Council of Ministers. This suggests that the location will be an island surrounded by roads and parking.
Ya, I know what you mean. WTF happened to the Plaza? The old design had the plaza in mind.

Again, I know I mentioned this a million times already but the parking lot, why? Why not just make underground parking? It's part of the Smart City Design standards. Underground parking uses up less space and makes it easier for people to park without having to walk two miles. The one in the render also looks small as hell. I'm hoping that the renders are just that and aren't 100% accurate in terms of the final design.

This could be a completely different building though. The pictures of the construction site had the other render. I don't think they would change the design when they already started construction. So it's pretty likely this is another building like the supreme court. Our source is a Facebook post after all.

·
22,836 Posts
Maybe this render only depicts the design of the building itself. The U/C pics of the cabinet building suggest that they've stayed true to the original location shown in the 5+ UDC render, with the plaza. The other alternative is that they moved the parliament building somewhere else since they abandoned the original crescent design.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe this render only depicts the design of the building itself. The U/C pics of the cabinet building suggest that they've stayed true to the original location shown in the 5+ UDC render, with the plaza. The other alternative is that they moved the parliament building somewhere else since they abandoned the original crescent design.
True, I really hate the Island.
There's some Arabic text on the building itself. I'm on mobile and can't really see it. What does it say? Any chance this is an entirely different building?

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The resolution is bad but I'm pretty sure it says "Magles El Nowab", so definitely a design for the parliament building.
It's a nice design but the landscape and surrounding area is god awful. Hopefully your right and these renders are just of the building itself.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts