1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

http://www.customminds.com/houston

you can zoom in, pan around and such.

(I swear I posted this here a few days ago.. but I am just not sure. If it got moved or removed, sorry for posting it again. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong!!)

Thanks!

Michael

·
Premium Member
Seattle
2,824 Posts
Very nice! It really shows Houston in a more urban light than I would have imagined.

What is the smaller skyline all the way on the left of the picture?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everyone!

aramano - that is the start of the galleria skyline. behind the photo to the left is the medical center skyline. basically 2 1/2 size skylines in comparison to houstons. i'll get some good pano's of those for you. :)

soulbrotha - I used adobe photoshop to merge them. i might try something else next time.

infoman - thanks again infoman. it was quite a bit of work.

() T - I've been here my whole life. ready to move on to a different city. :) are you in Houston also?

·
Banned
525 Posts
Where are the people? I know they should be blurs, like the cars, but invisible? I think I see someone at a Culinary Kreations Cafe leaning into a car, but I'm not sure! Anyone find any other humans in Houston?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where are the people? I know they should be blurs, like the cars, but invisible? I think I see someone at a Culinary Kreations Cafe leaning into a car, but I'm not sure! Anyone find any other humans in Houston?
hahaha... if houstonians aren't in their cars, they are in their houses or buildings. its hot here. we are lazy! ;-)

·
Banned
331 Posts
Dude, seriously? This is the worst summer I've felt in a long time, and while I still get my exercise, I like to avoid going outside mid-day as much as possible. Besides, take a look around in most places and there's nowhere to go on foot.

Were you downtown too? Everyone's in the tunnels underneath.

·
Banned
2,144 Posts
^^Yup. There's nowhere to walk to. Even if there was, you'd have to walk on the street or in 3 foot tall grass. I thought it was just the Katy area, but it's far from just that area.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I don't know, it shouldn't be too hard to find people with there being 6 million in greater Houston. Talk about a stupid post.

·
Banned
2,144 Posts
^^I think he meant there's no one he can see walking around. Yes, there are 6 million people in Greater Houston, but out of those 6 million, almost none walk. Basically, all you'd see through a camera lens is cars, not people.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I don't buy that argument either. I've seen plenty of Houston threads showing substantial pedestrian activity.

·
Banned
2,144 Posts
Yes, and so have I..mostly only in the downtown area. The downtown area doesn't include the 6 million people in the greater area of Houston...obviously.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts