SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're very involved in our kid's school PTA. Well, they had this silent auction thing to raise money and we won a bid for a one night stay at the Hilton Suites in the Galleria. So my wife and I had a little vacation this weekend and I took my camera along. Hope you enjoy.

Here's the view from the Hotel room:

Then we walked on over to the Galleria Mall:

At the Fox Sports Bar:

Main area:

Then we headed to Rice Village to have some drinks and tapas at Mi Luna (these two shots are not of Mi Luna, just added them in just to show folks that people in Houston do hang out outside):

Back at the hotel, took a couple of night time shots from the window (still working on the nighttime shots):

The next morning, went back to the Rice U area and took in some shots of the residential areas. In my opinion, the nicest residential area in Houston:

View of the Medical Center from across the parking lot of Rice Stadium:

These signs (mostly in yellow) were everywhere:

Hey, got a shot of the esposa:

There she is;

Adios

·
Registered
754 Posts
Awesome shots as usual!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx for the comments.

Don't know much about the highrise controversy other than the residents there don't want it anywhere near them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes the Ashby highrise is very controversial in that area part of town. The problem is the area where they propose the highrise is home to more affluent people (and it is mostly houses). People feared that building a highrise there would cause increase traffice and ruined the general feel of the area. I don't now what they are going to do though.

·
U.W.
5,431 Posts
nICE PICS, Really this neighborhood is great... I remember all the area of Galleria and Williams Tower, is fantastic specially at night.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts