SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Australian EU in London!
906 Posts
Through a friend of mine who also comes on this site (isoboy)

·
Registered
76,967 Posts
waaaaaay back in 2000 i was asked about heights and numbers of skyscrapers here at council by a lovely guy (spazpecker) who sadly doesnt visit the site anymore. he told me about a forum called "Skyscraperpage". then jan created a version of "Ozscrapers". that version is now archived. then on Sept 11,2002 this new version was created!
its great! where would we be without it?

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think I found SSC when I did a Google search for the Swiss Re tower, and then found OzScrapers by fishing around from there.

·
5,161 Posts
I was on Skyscraperpage forum since about 1998, so just made the natural progression to Skyscrapercity and Ozscrapers forums when they were created. In other words I've been on the forums for a looooong time (about 6 or 7 years). ;)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow i didnt realise everyone had been on here for so long! 7years! OMG! cull id probaly be at 126 phillip street ;)

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
Like Cul and Finn said. I too was on skyscraperpage for a while but we all left in the end because we got tired of the North American content dominating the whole forum. Jan created Ozscrapers for us in 2001 (I can remember to be exact) and then we all crossed over one by one and now no-one bothers with SCP. Ozscrapers ever since has been a roaring success. :)

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,971 Posts
planning trip to HK in 2002 and need details on the towers and found in google
stayed here NSW is where i live most of the time

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
Good old google. In June last year. (10 months now)

First i found the Emporis page for brisbane, and i checked it regularly for updates. (not alot came lol)

Then i found Ozscrapers. And noticed that Emporis missed out on alot of the most interesting stuff lol.

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
BTW where is Spazpecker these days? He hasnt been active for ages and ages .....

·
Galactic Ruler
6,857 Posts
finn said:
I was on Skyscraperpage forum since about 1998, so just made the natural progression to Skyscrapercity and Ozscrapers forums when they were created. In other words I've been on the forums for a looooong time (about 6 or 7 years). ;)
Yes, I too was a member from the original Ozscraper forums although I wouldn't say I have been on the forums as long as some. I'd guess I got involved after 2000 sometime, so I was involved from day one of the Skyscrapercity forums when they started in sep 2002.

I found the original site via a google search, the site is still around eventhough most of the content has now vanished.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
^ i have browsed the old site a few times.
Looking for old info and pics.

Theyre just Red X's now, which is unfortunate.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Google for aussie scrapers, I actually found the old ozscraper forums first, had a good read through most of the pages, then moved on to this forum early 2003 I think...

I was actually shocked to see that there were other scraper nuts like me around! Usually when I go to the city I'm the only one looking UP! ;)

And no, not at skirts btw! :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts