Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
#1 Bunny
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was always curious how the separated individuals found the Skycrapercity forums? What's Your story?

·
Some user
613 Posts
I was interested in Burj Dubai's construction, and so I found a couple good-looking diagrams at Skyscrapercity.

After looking and lurking around, I decided to join, so here I am. :)

-Ataman

·
25,728 Posts
Interesting thread... Its more like a Skybar chat though... :lol:
But anyway, why not?
Last spring I read something about the highrise built by BOSMAL in Sarajevo. And I Bosmal's homepage was not too up to date, and so a Googled for more photos. Two seconds later I was in Wonderland... I found Skyscrapercity forums! :nocrook: THANK YOU BOSMAL! :bow: :eek:kay:

·
PortalIQue
423 Posts
I was always curious how the separated individuals found the Skycrapercity forums? What's Your story?
It was a rainy Tuesday afternoon. Portal came home from a hard day of work. He didn't know what to do. So, as usual, he turned on his computer. And surfed on the Internet. And then it happened... By some magic, he came across www.skyscrapercity.com.

Well, maybe it was not raining, it was not on a Tuesday afternoon, and I was not in work. But for sure I am here now... :nuts:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Interesting question...
Well, I was looking for some visualisations of Eurovea. For some reason I couldn´t open their homepage so I googled the name which brought me here!
This was page of my taste but it wasn´t the reason to join. I was much more surprised by way how people communicate in this forums - very friendly, not arguing, not accusing each other of pointless things and last but not least very inteligent forumers and therefore discussions! :) That was for me the main reason to join!

Anyway Nyuszi what´s your story? ;)

·
coffee fascist
1,305 Posts
I was reading an article about new skyscrapers in bratislava on sme.sk (internet version of a daily newspaper). In the discussion under it I found a link directly to this central european forum.

·
Registered
436 Posts
All I can remember is that I found this forum by accident for sure. I was searching for a Hungarian project as usual at google but I can't remember which one. I immediately hooked on this forum after seeing the topics of the thread as I'm very interested in architecture and new projects in general.:cheers:

·
sababa
8,154 Posts
I was looking for Eastern European girls who are into "skyscrapers"...

Okay, so i was looking for Dubai projects, and got addicted quite quickly, but i joined nearly a year later after i found this forum.

·
Banned
2,580 Posts
I had the same reason as Ataman had, I suppose. Maybe Palm Jumeirah or Burj al-Arab or sth like this was 1st topic I visited here, really not sure about it:) Then I looked to GTC and for one yr, I've nearly forgotten that SSC exists.. praise Google 4 finding it again!

·
Banned
2,980 Posts
my repost from DLM:
I did some google search to find something about Prague airport, there was nothing important and interesting on first few pages but then, suddenly, I spot the link to the thread about Warsaw airport at Eastern European SSC forum (accidentally someone wrote there something about Prague). After few seconds browsing the forum I realized this is what I was looking for for a long time... ;)

·
#1 Bunny
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:lol: I forgot to post my story! :lol: Sorry!

Nothing interesting, I was surfing on the net, searching for photos of CE cities and I bumped into SSC forums! I read lots of post before joining. I think the same convinced me to join as .oreo.'s statement. Inteligent topics and forumers. :cheers:

·
Prešpurák
7,495 Posts
About me, I think I first found skyscraperpage.com and emporis.com even sooner. But this is the forum that is the best skyscrapers forum I know and I know it almost 1 year.

·
14,987 Posts
My story is also very simple. I was looking for some information about Eurovea and in Google results was this forum with the best information and the best visualisations. After a few days when I'd been browsing skycrapercity I registered.

·
Bratislava citizen
1,391 Posts
i think that some link was published near diagram at skyscraperpage.com, where i was registered first and i was curious wtf is that page about.. and here i am :)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.