Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you backup your photos? Backing up is important because you can't guarentee that your pc is trouble-free or you accidently deleted your priceless photos.

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
I have a USB harddrive where I store them... plus I burn them on DVD and store them at my moms in case my apartment burn down or something...

·
Registered Melbourne
4,166 Posts
As above, but I ran out of space on my C-Drive, so the USB drive is now their true home.

I just bought a smaller portable (80 Gb) drive, which is going to live outside the room, and function only as a backup device.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
I don't have any way of backing them up... :( can't really afford anything right now...

hmm... better hope my computer or appartment doesn't burn down!

·
oemoemenemoe
1,496 Posts
I have an external hard drive, and now that I have a DVD burner, I probably will utilize that option as well.

·
Registered Melbourne
4,166 Posts
What about Internet albums and emails? :) Anybody keep them there?
I've got a stack of photos on my image hosting site, but if I used it for general backups it would run to many Gb.

A bigger problem is keeping track of things: often I end up with many versions of the same photo (colour corrected, cropped, resized for emailing, resized for PowerPoint, etc. )

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
What about Internet albums and emails? :) Anybody keep them there?
Well in that case i got a premium account on Photobucket.com (and webshots.com) which im currently holding over 10GB of photos on :) (Can hold max 50GB so i got tons room left).

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Have a 500GB LaCie extern harddisk i save the images on, and i have 4 photobucket accounts, which gives me 200GB of space, so i have more than enough space to save my images on so far! :)

·
Registered
897 Posts
well here is my little story i was in dubai last year with family and we handed in my camera to a kodak shop in city centre shopping centre to get photos put onto cds and deleted from camera because memory was full and next we collected the camera and 1 cd

when we got home the motherless a$$holes only put half of our pictures on the cd and we had already deleted the ones on the camera so was no way to get them back

so always always at the shop check you have ALL photos before deleting them off camera otherwise u will be very sorry like me :eek:hno:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts