Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Vancouver's 2010 Logo

Torino 2006

Salt Lake City 2002

Nagano 1998

Beijing 2008

Calgary 1988

Lake Placid 1980

I like the Vancouver logo, and over all its better then most from past games.

·
Banned
13,693 Posts
Horrible and fucking disgusting! It's a crime against the city and the hundreds of thousands of Vancouverites who will benefit from the event. They should impale the heads of the designing team on the Burrar bridge!

·
Registered
318 Posts

I like it. I'm actually glad there's no maple leaf. That would be too predictable and almost a cliche now. I think people have to remember that the logo has to work around world, not just Canada. It's about creating a 'brand' more than anything else. Something that can be easily slapped on t-shirts and mugs for the next 5 years.

My only complaint is that they didn't make the colours more vivid. They looked a bit washed out.

I think the logo will make more sense as news cameras descend upon English Bay.

·
Registered
676 Posts
So these are the aboriginal games, then? For the life of me I thought Vancouver was hosting the Olympics.

Why not use the image of the Rocky Mountains where the games will be held?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Its kind of insulting how much they try to please the aboriginal people in this whole process. I watched the first 10 mins of the logo ceremonies yesterday and I don't think I saw one white person. Just natives dancing. When I walk outside I do not see natives everywhere. Is this what the rest of the world is going to think Canada is? I realize its our past but its really not relevant to the present. I think their going overboard with trying to please them, how about something more local that represents the bulk of the population instead of a small minority.

·
SSLL
8,354 Posts
It's true, why the heck didn't they use the mountains/water image for the games' logo. Or something more abstract at least. And why don't they use black as the fifth color. They use blue twice!

·
Mr. Haney(Cruz) for Pres.
2,644 Posts
I should have submitted my idea for a logo. Maybe it would have been selected:

That's a visible minority on skiis (after landing in the highjump event)!

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
man that thing sucks ass,reminds me of a colorful snowman

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.