Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Vancouver's 2010 Logo

Torino 2006

Salt Lake City 2002

Nagano 1998

Beijing 2008

Calgary 1988

Lake Placid 1980

I like the Vancouver logo, and over all its better then most from past games.

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Horrible and fucking disgusting! It's a crime against the city and the hundreds of thousands of Vancouverites who will benefit from the event. They should impale the heads of the designing team on the Burrar bridge!

·
Registered
318 Posts

I like it. I'm actually glad there's no maple leaf. That would be too predictable and almost a cliche now. I think people have to remember that the logo has to work around world, not just Canada. It's about creating a 'brand' more than anything else. Something that can be easily slapped on t-shirts and mugs for the next 5 years.

My only complaint is that they didn't make the colours more vivid. They looked a bit washed out.

I think the logo will make more sense as news cameras descend upon English Bay.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I like it more than Beijing or Lake Placid, but it's an average for me.

·
Registered
676 Posts
So these are the aboriginal games, then? For the life of me I thought Vancouver was hosting the Olympics.

Why not use the image of the Rocky Mountains where the games will be held?

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Torino's look really nice. Beijing's looks terrible

·
Registered
558 Posts
Its kind of insulting how much they try to please the aboriginal people in this whole process. I watched the first 10 mins of the logo ceremonies yesterday and I don't think I saw one white person. Just natives dancing. When I walk outside I do not see natives everywhere. Is this what the rest of the world is going to think Canada is? I realize its our past but its really not relevant to the present. I think their going overboard with trying to please them, how about something more local that represents the bulk of the population instead of a small minority.

·
SSLL
8,354 Posts
It's true, why the heck didn't they use the mountains/water image for the games' logo. Or something more abstract at least. And why don't they use black as the fifth color. They use blue twice!

·
Mr. Haney(Cruz) for Pres.
2,644 Posts
I should have submitted my idea for a logo. Maybe it would have been selected:

That's a visible minority on skiis (after landing in the highjump event)!

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
man that thing sucks ass,reminds me of a colorful snowman

·
Who?
87 Posts
sk8rboiiii said:
Why not use the image of the Rocky Mountains where the games will be held?
Well the games won't be held in the Rockies, as they're too far away. The games are taking place in the Coastal mountain Range.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts