SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im from San Antonio TX and looking to move, ive got a conflict though.
Dallas TX is probably my ideal city, it's big, urban, modern, the galleria, shopping etc, that's my kind of place. One of the reasons I want to move from SA though is b/c of the intense heat/humidity, going to Dallas i'd end up with the same climate. (the second reason is b/c it has too much of a small-town feel for my tastes).

Now, Denver has my ideal climate but I don't know about the city... doesn't seem like it would even hold a candle to Dallas but i've never been. It looks a lot smaller and unimpressive from all the pictures ive seen, seems more "cow-town" overall.
But has anyone been to Denver? How is it, how does it compare to San Antonio and Dallas?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Denver is great if you like outdoorsy stuff and beautiful nature, because it's so close to the mountains and the weather is very sunny. It is, of course, smaller than the Dallas area, but other than that, I don't feel like it's a cow town. I like the atmosphere of San Antonio better than Denver's, but Denver's beats Dallas' IMHO. If you're into pro sports, not many cities hold a candle to Denver.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I like Denver better than Dallas. Its DT has more energy and there is a good vibe there. The nearby mountains offer so many things to do. I think Denver may be a more expensive than Dallas though.

·
I got my eye on you.
24,691 Posts
I'd choose Denver over Dallas just for the mountains! :eek:kay:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts