Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many households still have the boxed tube TV in your country ? Here in the United State I read that it was 40 % of households still have the traditional boxed TV . They tend to last very long , mine finally broke after 20 years , I bought a flat screen TV but I hear they do not last as long as the analog tube TV 's
any opinions or stats in your country would be great and interesting to see

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I was wondering how many households still have the boxed tube TV in your country ? Here in the United State I read that it was 40 % of households still have the traditional boxed TV . They tend to last very long , mine finally broke after 20 years , I bought a flat screen TV but I hear they do not last as long as the analog tube TV 's any opinions or stats in your country would be great and interesting to see
That's actually interesting. I was just back home and mentioned to my mom how my 89 year old grandma still has a box tv out on her porch that she never uses. It's been a long time since I've seen one. None of my friends have any.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's actually interesting. I was just back home and mentioned to my mom how my 89 year old grandma still has a box tv out on her porch that she never uses. It's been a long time since I've seen one. None of my friends have any.
Of all my friends that I know here in the US and Morocco , France , Puerto Rico and Spain . Only 2 still have them , they live in Puerto Rico and only one here in the US . The rest including myself have flat screen TV'S .
As far as family , we all have flat screen TV's with the exception of my Aunt , her TV is almost 30 years old and it still works

·
***Alexxx***
5,275 Posts
We only have 2 TVs, and 1 of them is an old CRT TV from 1994, but works fine! The other is a Sony Bravia from 2010

·
Arch(Struct) Engineer
Toasted Ravioli
1,856 Posts
I live alone and have 4 TV's. 2 are CRTs but neither are hooked up at the moment. Last time I used one of the tubes was a couple years ago when I wanted to watch 2 NFL games at the same time.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I live alone and have 4 TV's. 2 are CRTs but neither are hooked up at the moment. Last time I used one of the tubes was a couple years ago when I wanted to watch 2 NFL games at the same time.
What is a CTR ? I also live alone . but I only have 2 flat screen TV'S , there are not huge
one is 36 inches , the other is 20 inches

·
PRESIDENT OF SPACE
1,758 Posts
I have a small one in the closet. I replaced with my flatscreen, which is also pretty small, I watch things and play games on my laptop mostly.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
My only tv is a 36" crt but I haven't plugged it in for over 3 years :lol: I only use my laptop, and walk to the pub for sports I want to watch.

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Been 11 years since I made the move to flatscreen TV's.. ( first Plasma and later LED TV's )

I don't know anyone in Denmark with CRT's - we only have digital TV, so I doubt one can even use one these days - even with a set top box one would still need a HDMI port.. :dunno:

·
Arch(Struct) Engineer
Toasted Ravioli
1,856 Posts
I do, but only use it when I'm playing older video games or need to run something on a VHS tape.
yep, I plan on always keeping a CRT around just in case I ever want to play Duck Hunt again. NES gun only works on CRT TVs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts